At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
The International Customer Support Specialist will be a part of a global support team focused on creating consistently outstanding user experiences across all areas of product interaction in an omnichannel environment. You will be providing telephone, live chat and email support for our Clients, Taskers and new users of the platform in Europe. You will manage the relationship with our users and be the first point of contact when issues arise. You will also have the unique opportunity to be the dedicated in-house escalation point for language support and work cross-functionally to launch, grow and support our new markets.
Based in our Austin office, we are looking for customer service enthusiasts who excel at problem-solving, are invested in supporting our community and are passionate about the sharing economy.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Understand the entire online and offline TaskRabbit experience from A to Z.
- Efficiently address & solve user issues via live channels and email while maintaining & exceeding KPIs for productivity and accuracy.
- Ability to calmly handle disputes and resolve or escalate in accordance to existing policies and procedures.
- Clearly walk potential members through the Tasker hiring experience.
- Troubleshoot, document and communicate bugs and feedback to the leadership team.
- Stay informed of all site and policy changes as they occur and be able to articulate them accurately and succinctly to support users.
- Work cross-functionally to support pre- and post launch activities.
- Communicate remotely with a team of outsourced agents to provide feedback, handle escalations.
- Audit and sample outsourced agents work to provide quality assurance feedback.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- At least 1-year work experience in a related customer service field, retail, banking, etc. We're looking for candidates with great people skills!
- Technical adaptability in a constantly changing and expanding work environment.
- Excellent customer service skills: You must exhibit empathy, courtesy, kindness, efficiency and helpfulness.
- Excellent writing skills: You must have a strong command of grammar, spelling and syntax.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrable experience troubleshooting and documenting replication steps for technical issues and escalating to the appropriate team internally.
- Interpersonal skills: Remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Communication skills: You must speak clearly, calmly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations.
- Dependability: You are consistently on time for your scheduled shift, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position in our Austin office location, requiring you to be available evenings, weekends & on scheduled holidays.
You’ll love working here because:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.