Each day brings more chores and less time to accomplish them. Whether someone needs a handyman, house cleaner, mover or delivery person, TaskRabbit delights clients by matching the right skilled person in minutes. With our support, our customers can accomplish it all not only today, but also on-demand to be their most productive self. On the other side of the marketplace we help our Taskers earn a living by setting their own prices, defining their working hours, and giving them control to help people when and how they want in the most supportive marketplace.
We're a mission-driven company. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced. We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize everyday work.
About the Job
TaskRabbit is seeking an experienced Director of People Operations to lead this function during an exciting time of growth and international expansion. Data drives every aspect of our decision making as a business and that is no less true for people-decisions. People Operations turns human resources into just that type of rigorous decision making that is required to attract and retain the best people. Innovation occurs when the right people are provided with great managers and an environment that supports innovation.
As the head of People Operations at TaskRabbit your job will be to recruit innovators and create and maintain an environment that will help them flourish. You will oversee the full range of human resources functions but you understand that your job is far more than compliance and risk avoidance. You will develop strategies while implement programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees. You will report to the General Counsel and will work directly with our executive team to support the business as it grows. You must be data driven and have a genuine passion for nurturing our culture and promoting our core values.
- Build a data-driven People Ops organization that will support TaskRabbit in this phase of rapid growth and global expansion
- Formulate and execute TaskRabbit’s global people strategy, including: recruiting, diversity, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation, benefits, retention, compliance and culture initiatives
- Grow and manage our people operations, recruiting and office management teams
- Implement and iterate on HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale globally from 100 to 400 employees worldwide within the next few years.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team; develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Regularly meet with department heads and people managers to understand the functional and business goals and initiatives and provide insight, flexible and innovative solutions and best practices to help drive performance and growth
- Be a key team-building leader and people manager: someone people look to for guidance on a range of personal and professional challenges and questions
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions to increase performance and retention
- Establish scalable solutions empowering our leaders to be better managers and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for their next role
- Ensure that TaskRabbit’s unique values, culture and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales
- 10+ years of experience building, leading and managing People Ops and Recruiting teams
- Self-directed leader with prior experience at a rapidly scaling company
- Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt workforces
Skills & Qualities
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is hungry to grow an organization
- Data driven with the ability to master complex business problems
- Intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Always curious and always learning
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce -- all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward the cultural diversity of employees
- Highly ethical individual, strong level of confidentiality with a natural tendency toward discreteness
- Strong service orientation with commitment to providing excellent employee experience
- Deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters. UK specific knowledge a plus
- Proficient in Google Apps and MS Office. Greenhouse and Small Improvements a plus
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Challenge: The opportunity for growth in a fast-paced, progressive company is yours for the taking. Game on!
- Monthly task stipend: Use the product you’re working on and outsource errands you don’t want to do
- Medical benefits & PTO: Great health coverage with dental and vision benefits (TR pays 100% premiums and pays for One Medical membership), 12 weeks, 100% paid parental leave, pre-tax commuter benefits and FSA, 401k plan + matching, 20 PTO days/year + 13 paid holidays
- Education: A series of Lunch and Learn events (we call it “Learnch”), quarterly company-wide trainings and an annual learning and development stipend for your personal use
- Office: A huge, dog-friendly SOMA loft built to accommodate collaboration, with two fully- stocked kitchens and a game room. Free lunch every day!
- Fun: Awesome off-site adventures, weekly meditation, yoga, annual charity events? Yes!
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.
Want to learn more about TaskRabbit? Visit TaskRabbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
HR Recruiter & Business Partner
AMARO, São Paulo, Brazil
People Operations, Performance Management Lead
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Internal Communications Intern
DraftKings, Boston, MA
Scalable Press, Guadalajara, Mexico
Senior/Lead Recruiter - Product