At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries and 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
About the Job
TaskRabbit is seeking an experienced Director of People Operations to lead this function during an exciting time of growth and international expansion. Data drives every aspect of our decision making as a business and that is no less true for people-decisions. People Operations turns human resources into just that type of rigorous decision making that is required to attract and retain the best people. Innovation occurs when the right people are provided with great managers and an environment that supports innovation.
As the head of People Operations at TaskRabbit your job will be to recruit innovators and create and maintain an environment that will help them flourish. You will oversee the full range of human resources functions but you understand that your job is far more than compliance and risk avoidance. You will develop strategies while implement programs that inspire, motivate and develop our employees. You will report to the General Counsel and will work directly with our executive team to support the business as it grows. You must be data driven and have a genuine passion for nurturing our culture and promoting our core values.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Build a data-driven People Ops organization that will support TaskRabbit in this phase of rapid growth and global expansion
- Formulate and execute TaskRabbit’s global people strategy, including: recruiting, diversity, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, compensation, benefits, retention, compliance and culture initiatives
- Grow and manage our people operations, recruiting and office management teams
- Implement and iterate on HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale globally from 100 to 400 employees worldwide within the next few years.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the executive leadership team; develop strong, proactive collaborative working relationships across the organization
- Regularly meet with department heads and people managers to understand the functional and business goals and initiatives and provide insight, flexible and innovative solutions and best practices to help drive performance and growth
- Be a key team-building leader and people manager: someone people look to for guidance on a range of personal and professional challenges and questions
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions to increase performance and retention
- Establish scalable solutions empowering our leaders to be better managers and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for their next role
- Ensure that TaskRabbit’s unique values, culture and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales
- 10+ years of experience building, leading and managing People Ops and Recruiting teams
- Self-directed leader with prior experience at a rapidly scaling company
- Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt workforces
Skills & Qualities
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is hungry to grow an organization
- Data driven with the ability to master complex business problems
- Intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Always curious and always learning
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce -- all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward the cultural diversity of employees
- Highly ethical individual, strong level of confidentiality with a natural tendency toward discreteness
- Strong service orientation with commitment to providing excellent employee experience
- Deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters. UK specific knowledge a plus
- Proficient in Google Apps and MS Office. Greenhouse and Small Improvements a plus
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus
You’ll love working here because:
The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada and is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities and over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges.
TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, and London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.
Want to learn more about TaskRabbit? Visit TaskRabbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Talent Development
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Recruiting Sourcer - Contract
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Manager, People & Culture, Payroll and Benefits
Birchbox, New York
People Partner - APAC
Slack, Melbourne, Australia
Head of Recruiting Operations & Programs
Looker, Santa Cruz
Long Term Learning and Development Intern
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey