Senior Full Stack Engineer ( Ruby on Rails ) - Booking Experience
TaskRabbit, Kansas City, MO
See jobs at TaskRabbit
TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
TaskRabbit’s Booking Experience team is responsible for making it easy for our Client customers to find the right Taskers. We want our Clients to be confident and comfortable with their options, presenting them with recommendations that will ensure a quality experience. On this team you’ll have the opportunity to work on our booking flow, recommendations, Tasker profile and Tasker ratings & reviews, amongst other projects.
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer on the Booking Experience team, you'll be a key member of our team, mentoring entry and mid-level Engineers, proposing creative solutions, de-tangling the complex into the simple, and collaborating closely with teammates and Product. Our engineering team uses Ruby on Rails on the backend, React.js on the web frontend and React Native for our mobile applications. We’re looking for someone who is an expert in the backend but also comfortable and interested in working with the frontend as well.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You will be:
- Collaborating with Engineering, Design, and Product to conceptualize new infrastructural features and improvements for our client-facing code
- Contributing to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates
- Participating in code reviews, listening to feedback and commenting on other approaches
- Investing in the documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Helping solve debugging, testability, and deployability problems
- Collaborating across teams to promote consistency
- Improving the stability of existing and new backend & frontend code
- A strong technical mentor to Entry and Mid-level Software Engineers
- Providing technical leadership and communicating overall progress to Engineering Leadership
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience, comfortable working independently
- Professional experience developing with Ruby on Rails, familiarity with React a plus
- Experience building API-driven applications or endpoints
- Understand how to organize code across the stack: what belongs in the backend and frontend
- Familiar with automated testing and JS build and packaging systems like Webpack and Jest
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and can scope high priority projects
- Great attention to detail and focus on code quality
- Experience with Design Systems and tooling such as Storybook
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
About us TaskRabbit is revolutionizing how work gets done - for our Taskers, our Clients and importantly, our employees. We were founded back in 2008 and are one of the pioneers of the Sharing Economy. Since then, we've been building a peer-to-peer marketplace that safely and reliably connects neighbors to get things done.
Want to learn more about TaskRabbit? Visit TaskRabbit's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos