TCGplayer, Atlanta, GA
See jobs at TCGplayer
Who We Are
At TCGplayer, we provide eCommerce and software services that connect the collectible gaming industry. We’re best known for being the top online marketplace and price resource for trading card games like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon. We also provide services to local game stores across the country to help them grow their businesses. Our order fulfillment program helps local game stores streamline shipping for their online orders, saving them time and money.
Technology Operations is responsible for the stability, reliability, release and deployment of TCGplayer.com technology. Our primary function is to increase the efficiency of the organization through well designed automation and infrastructure.
As a DevOps engineer you will work closely with engineering and architecture to increase stability and reliability. You will be responsible for 24/7 operations of our platform, creating and maintaining efficient pipelines. Ultimately you will execute and automate operational processes quickly, accurately and securely. Your responsibilities will include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet TCGplayer needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Microsoft and CI/CD, we’d love to meet you.
- Designing a cloud native infrastructure environment from local development all the way to a live production environment with a focus on real-world DevOps best practices
- Creating and supporting application deployment pipelines that are automated, reliable and can scale with a growing technology department
- Taking responsibility for production incidents, mitigating and resolving the underlying issue, and conducting postmortems to prevent the same issue from occuring again
- Configuring system and application monitoring, defining alerts and building reporting dashboards
- Using a deep understanding of cloud engineering and DevOps best practices to advise our Engineering teams on capacity planning, analysis, design, implementation and testing of the platform
- Working closely with individual product teams to improve their processes and help them achieve agility
- Participating in on-call/on-demand network and server support
- Implementing AWS infrastructure and architecture
- Building deployment pipelines with Jenkins and Octopus Deploy
- Documenting internal processes, architecture and run books
Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Load balancing and multi-layer application stacks
- At least one cloud provider, with a strong preference for AWS
- Configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, Circle, Bamboo, etc.)
- Deployment orchestration tools (Octopus Deploy, Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Monitoring tools (New Relic, Datadog, Prometheus, etc.)
- Logging tools (ELK Stack, Splunk, Loggly, Scalyr)
- Operational knowledge of infrastructure (Redis, Linux, Elasticsearch, AWS)
- The traits of a highly motivated self-starter who can take initiative with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to work in our culture-driven team environment
- 3+ years administering multi-tiered, consumer-facing web applications
- 2+ years in cloud engineering and administration with a focus on high availability and automation
- 2+ years in release management or production operations
- Proven experience in the Microsoft web stack (ASP.NET, IIS, Windows Server, SQL Server)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4 years prior work experience in a .Net/Microsoft environment with operational support
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
The role involves the following physical demands on a regular basis:
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer
- Sitting or standing for an extended period of time, up to eight hours per day
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear
- Ability to work in an open office environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.