TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
See jobs at TCGplayer
The Quality Assurance Team at TCGplayer is responsible for assuring a level of quality for the end client and help the software development team identify problems early in the process. This team ensures that the software development process doesn't sacrifice quality in the name of completed objectives.
The Quality Assurance Manager is both the manager of the entire Quality Assurance Team, as well as a respected leader across the organization. You will mentor and grow a talented team of QA analysts and automation engineers, continually improve our testing practices as our business and product lines expand, and partner with the rest of the company to ensure that quality remains a core principle of our development activities.
- Guiding the Quality Assurance Team on a path of constant improvement in all quality assurance disciplines including testing, test automation, processes and coordination
- Maintaining great relationships with the leaders of the other departments—from Engineering to TechOps to Product—and fostering epic collaboration between your teams and all other areas of the organization
- Providing each employee in Quality Assurance with great mentorship and a career path to help them achieve their personal and professional goals
- Leading your teams to excellent results in all Quality Assurance activities by ensuring they have the proper tools and resources and that they are working effectively within the scrum teams
- Keeping your team of passionate employees excited about the incredible role they are playing in the organization, our industry and the community
- Hiring and training new team members as we grow
- Defining and tracking metrics necessary to measure and drive improvement in all areas of quality
- Managing the departmental budget for tools and training
- Producing documentation, communications and planning artifacts
- Leading interdepartmental working groups and improvement initiatives
Competency (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Deep knowledge of manual and automated testing methods in an agile environment
- Strong desire to mentor and grow employees and peers
- Understanding of technology with a natural inquisitiveness
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work together as a team with geographically dispersed teammates
- Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills
- Reliable and organized work process with a strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with testing management and defect tracking tools
- 8+ years of QA experience
- 2+ years of experience directly managing a team and fostering collaboration between people with different backgrounds and beliefs
- QA experience with eCommerce sites, including payment systems
- Experience with .NET, AWS, Vue.js, GitHub and Atlassian tools
- Interest and experience within the hobby gaming industry
The role involves the following physical demands on a regular basis:
- Mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer
- Sitting or standing for an extended period of time, up to eight hours per day
- Ability to use vision to read computer screen and read printed materials
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear
- Ability to work in an open office environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.
Want to learn more about TCGplayer? Visit TCGplayer's website.
136 Active Jobs
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one