Senior Data Engineer
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
See jobs at TCGplayer
Senior Data Engineer
Who We Are
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
The Engineering Team at TCGplayer creates and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
Who You Are
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for overseeing junior data engineering activities and aiding in building the business’ data collection systems and processing pipelines. The role of the Senior Data Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the Data and Analytics department.
The Senior Data Engineer builds data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database. This individual will work with senior data science leadership as well as other Data and Analytics teams in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools, for example, Tableau, and Spark. The Senior Data Engineer strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities.
The Impact You Will Make Here
- Integrating data solutions with the current platform to ingest data into appropriate data structures (RDBMS vs Redis vs kafka vs dynamo vs others)
- Leverage big data technologies to aggregate and analyze user behavior data (perhaps Redshift, Tableau, and all the modeling tools in between)
- Take a data-driven approach when designing and testing search and recommendation relevance models
- Monitor data platforms and web services for data integrity and system reliability
- Work with other teams to create microservice applications and API interfaces (accent on proper DB design, injection and retrieval of data)
- Designing and building robust and efficient data pipelines which support recommender systems, search engine indexing, and a variety of web services
What You Bring To The Team
- 11 years of practical experience or equivalent (BS, MS)
- Expert with SQL, and RDBMS Technologies such as (MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostGres)
- Programing language expertise in C#
- Mastery of at least one NoSQL repository (DynamoDB, MongoDB, redis)
- Expert understanding of Elastic Search technologies
- Expert with at least one Queueing technology such as (SQS, S3, Kafka, Rabbit MQ)
- Expert working with AWS Technologies like EC2, Kinesis, S3, Lambda, etc
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer Fast Facts
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.
Want to learn more about TCGplayer? Visit TCGplayer's website.
The social news and entertainment company.