Program Manager - Remote
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
See jobs at TCGplayer
Who We Are
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
At TCGplayer the Product Team plays a crucial organizational role. This team defines features, plans roadmaps and oversees implementation for every product at TCGplayer. The Product Team acts in a cross-functional leadership role when working with all of the different departments (Technology, Marketing, CSR, Sales, etc.) across TCGplayer, and unites them in order to deliver the company's vision and strategy.
Who You Are
The Program Manager is a highly visible role that serves as a business liaison, program leader and consultant on various initiatives within TCGplayer and with partner organizations. As a Program Manager, you are expected to develop a broad and deep understanding of the organization, be a strong collaborator, have leadership skills to influence partners and stakeholders, and are a highly organized self-starter.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically, operates effectively, drives key initiatives, and leads by example. You will manage matrixed teams and projects critical to the strategic goals of the organization. You will contribute to drafting the division’s roadmap and ensure the roadmap is understood by stakeholders across TCGplayer. You will also document and report on the organization’s progress on crucial projects from start to finish. You will track deadlines and milestones and iterate on processes to continually improve our growing division.
Impact You Will Make Here
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan deliverables, manage scope, align resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes
- Lead the Program/Portfolio Intake Process, guiding the organization through this process (Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business objectives)
- Identify projects necessary to achieve the program’s objectives, ensuring Project Management coverage
Work with Project Managers and the Product Organization to:
- Resolve program problems and delays
- Manage timelines and quality of deliverables
- Identify and assign program team members
- Manage program risk
- Document the program
- Define and measure success
- Find and implement best practices and developing mechanisms to share best practices across teams and divisions
- Create project plans and scorecards, and defining reporting cadence for all strategic initiatives and projects across the organization
What You Bring To The Team
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or business administration
- 7+ years working in Project or Program Management positions
- 5+ years working with multi-tiered, consumer-facing web applications
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years working in an agile software development organization
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean
- Working knowledge of program management software (Monday, Basecamp, MS Project, etc.) and the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence)
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer Fast Facts
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.
Want to learn more about TCGplayer? Visit TCGplayer's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager