Senior Director of Product, Platform Growth - Remote
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
See jobs at TCGplayer
Senior Director of Product, Platform Growth
Who We Are
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson and Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s Top 100 Companies for Women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
At TCGplayer the Product Team plays a crucial organizational role by defining features, planning roadmaps and overseeing implementation for every product at TCGplayer. This team acts in a leadership capacity when working with all of the different departments across TCGplayer, and unites them in order to deliver the company's vision and strategy.
Who You Are
We have a bold vision. As a Senior Director of Product for Platform Growth, you will play a lead role in bringing this vision to life. You will straddle the worlds of business and technology while overseeing a team of Product Managers to deliver the next generation of products to our global community of gamers, store owners, hobbyists, and collectors. You will interact with customers as well as our Customer Success and Sales Teams to learn about the needs of our customers and use that information to shape our portfolio of products to guide our development teams. If you are someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and enjoys working with cross-functional teams -- then this is the job for you!
The Impact You Will Make Here
- Design, grow, and develop existing and new product teams across a multi-sided platform to ensure the organization scales with the business
- Lead and energize multiple direct reports and maximize their professional and personal growth with inspiring, trusted and honest leadership
- Drive alignment of vision, strategy, goal setting across the Product organization and the communication of goals across the broader technology organization
- Develop a deep understanding of our markets and competitive landscape to effectively drive your product strategy through the Product organization
- Execute successful product launches by guiding cross-functional teams in business, product, design, marketing, sales and development - from ideation to go to market and beyond
- Advise product marketing messages and lead internal teams through its delivery
- Ruthlessly prioritize while balancing the needs of customers and internal stakeholders
- Foster an environment where cross-team collaboration and communication are second nature
What You Bring To The Team
- 10-15 years of experience working in engineering, product, design or business development roles in the software industry; deep experience and understanding of technology, business and product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain advanced concepts to audiences of varying levels
- Extensive product management experience on a multi-sided platform or marketplace
- Effectively facilitate meetings with diverse and sometimes conflicting points of view and the ability to influence and guide them to decisions and finality
- Strong technical skills; be as comfortable defining non-functional requirements for infrastructure and internal systems as you are with customer facing feature development initiatives
- Must have significant experience managing a product team of 5 or more
- High level of competency and skill working in a software development environment using Agile SDLC methodologies
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer Fast Facts
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
- Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.
Want to learn more about TCGplayer? Visit TCGplayer's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies