Who We Are
TCGplayer.com is a Syracuse tech company that’s changing the game in Upstate New York. We’ve been named the 2017 Business of the Year, and we’re the fastest growing company in the region, doubling in size four years in a row. Since 1998, TCGplayer has been the online hub for all things geek culture. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the globe, powering sales through their physical store, website, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
This position resides within our Product team and reports to the VP of Product
A Day in the Life of our Product Manager
This position will lead our product development, bringing new features to our community of gamers. You will interact with customers as well as our CSR and Sales teams to learn about the needs of our customers. You will use that information to form our product roadmap to guide development teams and foster the delivery of value from implementation all the way back to the customer.
As a Product Manager, a typical day may include the following:
- Drive the vision and delivery of new products
- Responsible for overall success of product
- Determine customer needs through market research, research and development, and feedback processes
- Assesses market competition and competitive landscape
- Create and communicate the product roadmap, milestones, and deadlines
- Ensure successful product launch by influencing cross-functional teams in business, product, design, and development
- Defines product marketing message and leads internal teams through its delivery
- Clearly communicate vision and goals of existing and new products
- Define product definitions from goals to individual features
This job may be right for you if you have:
- Background in Technology, Business, or Product Development
- Experience as a Product Manager, designing and developing software solutions.
- Experience working in a software development environment using Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Experience directing work for a team in order to deliver a maximum value.
- Ability to engage and communicate with all levels of organization
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Able to coach and influence the cross-functional teams without supervisory responsibility and work in a collaborative environment
You’re extra awesome if you have:
- Product management experience on a platform, marketplace, or other commerce product is preferred
- Experience in the gaming industry or collectibles
- Product Owner, Product Manager, or Scrum Master certification
Why we’re so great:
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.