Senior Software Engineer, Identity Management
Who We Are
TCGplayer promotes and drives growth of our products and services by connecting a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers in a $25B global collectible hobby market.
The Engineering Team at TCGplayer creates and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
Who You Are
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a driver for many of our projects here at TCGplayer. You will interface with technical teams, lead some projects, and mentor more junior engineers.
You should be thorough in your designs and implementation, passionate about code quality, performance and continuous improvement. You should be able to take a holistic view to software development; keeping the big picture in mind and seeing a project through from beginning to end while always striving to use the right tools for the job.
The Impact You Will Make Here
- You will lead the effort to re-architect the Identity Management solution at TCGplayer to create a unified login experience across the platform for all employees, customers, sellers and partners
- You will be integral in vetting and selecting the technologies to build the IAM platform.
- Consult with other development teams to develop and implement solutions to suit their needs and use cases.
- Implement security requirements and lead complex troubleshooting and incident resolution events.
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field, or a combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of ASP.NET, C#, .Net MVC Razor, Entity Framework and .Net Core experience
- Experience integrating with Identity Management services like Auth0, Okta, Cognito or building solutions using technologies such as Identity Server.
- Strong understanding of IAM concepts like authentication, authorization, OAuth, OpenId Connect, JWT, RBAC, SSO, Federated Identity Management as well as security concepts like GDRP, CCPA, PII, encryption, etc.
- Experience designing and developing microservices using cloud technology with considerations for concurrency and parallelism
- Experience with event processing mechanisms such as Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
- Experience using system monitoring and notification platforms like New Relic, Data Dog, or Scalyr
- Experience with unit testing (MS Test), static code analysis (Sonarqube), and continuous delivery principles
- Strong technical leadership and mentorship utilizing pair-programming and code reviews to support the growth of your peers
- Ability to work independently within a geographically dispersed agile team participating in all Agile ceremonies.
You'll Go Beyond If You Have
- Interest and experience within the hobby gaming industry
- Experience with eCommerce and transaction-based applications
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with up to 4% match
- Stock options for all employees
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success and as such, we provide stock options to all 400 employees, growing to 500 strong by the end of 2021.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.
Want to learn more about TCGplayer? Visit TCGplayer's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.