Performance Test Lead
Who We Are
TCGplayer promotes and drives growth of our products and services by connecting a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers in a $25B global collectible hobby market.
The Quality Engineering Team at TCGplayer tests and maintains a suite of products in support of our role as the leading online marketplace for trading card games and collectibles. We build applications and technologies that connect thousands of businesses with customers across the collectible gaming industry, powering sales through physical stores, websites, mobile apps and the TCGplayer Marketplace.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Performance Test Lead who is passionate to discover and implement solutions on our evolving eCommerce platform. As a self-starter and leader, you will help drive initiatives that will continuously improve our approach towards testing to meet our goals.
You will have an exciting opportunity to build our performance and load testing capabilities. Your contributions will help drive the advancement of our eCommerce ecosystem to create a fast, reliable, and truly amazing shopping experience for clients who are active collectible hobbyists.
If you are a Performance Test Lead with experience in modern web and system design and you are genuinely excited to build reliable, stable, and scalable web experiences that solve problems for your consumers, then TCGplayer is the right place for you.
The Impact You Will Make Here
- Play a pivotal role to maintain all environments tuned to optimal performance needs.
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Product Owners, and Devops to build highly-performant software solutions that power our Hobbyist buying experience.
- You will help to set standards and build robust scalable design systems that will uplift our entire brand company-wide at TCGplayer.
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field, or a combination of education and experience
- Solid 5+ years of experience in defining and implementing several performance tools leveraging one or more of the following: JMeter, Gatling, Performance Center, Silk Performer, Web Load VSTS, BlazeMeter, or other tools as required
- Hands on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience in Performance Profiling, Tuning, and Testing
- Expertise documenting test results to be presented to leadership
- Experience with performance engineering of Web Applications (including Single Page Applications)
- Proficiency in Amazon Web Services (VPC, EC2, ELB, API gateways etc).
- Experience simulating HTTP traffic and browser traffic
- Experience Performance Monitoring (CPU utilization, memory usage, network usage, DB capacity, I/O, throughput, etc)
- Experience with vendor vetting and assessing cloud infrastructure options
You'll Go Beyond If You Have
- Experience executing SQL queries and testing database tables a plus
- Experience with creating dynamic dashboards such as New Relic or Grafana
- Synthetic testing experience with New Relic for continuous monitoring
- Experience with Selenium scripts to use in load testing
What We Provide
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive medical insurance with a variety of plan options to suit your needs
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with up to 4% match
- Stock options for all employees
- Free coaching, counseling and mental health services
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer is the largest marketplace for trading card games in the world, with nearly 1 billion dollars in sales. Founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space, we have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games, into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers. TCGplayer maintains the largest authoritative database of historical and current prices for the most popular trading card games, and this data powers and connects an entire industry of publishers, buyers, sellers, influencers & developers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S and certified a Great Place to Work by our employees 5 years in a row. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We believe every team member contributes to our success and as such, we provide stock options to all 400 employees, growing to 500 strong by the end of 2021.
With the largest marketplace for collectible card games, in-store tools for local gaming stores and industry leading fulfillment center to deliver products from sellers to buyers, we bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the $25B global collectibles hobby market.
About us TCGplayer.com is a leading digital marketplace with a focus on collectible gaming. We connect buyers and sellers from around the world, empowering them with revolutionary technology, real-time pricing data and outstanding customer service. Our company culture is community-focused and collaborative. We’re always innovating, so we maintain an environment that stimulates constant learning and growth. For example, we periodically fly all remote technology staff to our headquarters to partake in a group hackathon. We also provide flexible and progressive benefits that start on your first day of work to help ease the transition to life at TCGplayer. And since our success depends on every team member, every employee gets stock options. TCGplayer is a nationally recognized and award-winning workplace. Fortune.com declared us one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women, and we’ve been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in New York two years in a row. Plus, the majority of employees consider TCGplayer a great place to work.
Want to learn more about TCGplayer? Visit TCGplayer's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.