We are looking for someone
- With 7+ years of professional hands-on experience building production web applications
- With software development experience using Ruby, Python, Java, Go, etc
- Has led technical architecture discussions to drive technical decisions on your team.
- Has played a key role in designing and implementing technical projects with multiple members and teams.
- Strong communicator and looking to make an organizational level technical impact
- Who upholds Teachable values, including working as part of a diverse team.
- Team wide role model
What you will be doing
- Develop software design and architecture
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and QA engineers to build high-quality products
- Write clean, high quality and efficient code
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- Establish, teach, and maintain development best practices
- Mentor software engineers and strive to level up the team
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
What you will be doing
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of services and applications across the organization
- Propose and develop features, tooling, and infrastructure to scale the application.
- Sharing complex technical architecture to other members of the technology organization.
- Partner with senior engineering leaders to improve technology, processes, and team culture.
- Promote technical design and coding standards that raise the technical bar of the team and product.
- Mentor other engineers, review code and tech designs
What you might work on
- Architecting services that power Teachable’s product workflows.
- Developing tools and infrastructure to support millions of daily requests.
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.