- You’ll work closely with your Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different platforms and tasks and play a key role in designing processes and guidelines.
- You'll create end-to-end experiences: user flows, low and high-fidelity wireframes, comps, prototypes to test with our users (know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes), visual designs
- In partnership with Product Managers, you will identify user research needs, competitor products and trends, and best practices through investigative research and usability tests that take our product to the next level as an industry leader.
- You’ll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations. You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to company leaders across functions.
- As a Senior member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to mentor a high functioning, collaborative design team to meet evolving requirements of good design across our multiple products. You will actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
Who You Are
- You have 5-8 years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- You love design -- the process, conversation, big ideas, mediums, tools, and possibilities -- and are guided by an insatiable curiosity and the desire to create great experiences. You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else, and know how to sell design and advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- You are a collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently. You have led others to solve complex problems with broad impact on the business, and are able to mentor more junior designers.
- You are active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company. You’ve used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way. You have been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
- You have helped others on their team maintain design system consistency/principles and adhere to design values & design best practices.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off
- Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
- 401(k) with match after 3 months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Monthly company activities and outings
- Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
- Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.