- Elevate our product experience, and improve existing design systems, workflows, wireframes, mockups, and documentation for key features on your team.
- Work with Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different tasks.
- Seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
- In partnership with Product Managers, you will identify customer needs via user research, competitive analyses, and other methodologies.
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to high design standards.
- Present, articulate, and defend recommendations.
- Communicate updates to team members during project timelines.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- Know how to break down long term vision into small wins
- You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together.
- You know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else.
- You know how to advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- Collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently.
- Active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company.
- You’ve used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way.
- You’ve been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
- You’ve helped coworkers maintain design system consistency/principles, design values & design best practices.
- An ability to demonstrate your process in depth, new frameworks and techniques you’ve tried as well as successes and failures (not just showing screens, or repeating the same structured narrative for each case study)
- Good judgment in knowing what tools, mindsets or process required in order to achieve the successful outcomes of the project
- A strong understanding of business and technical constraints and how to achieve success (meet KPI goals) for your project
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.