- You’ll work closely with your peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our team
- Shaping our internal tools that are directly responsible for day-to-day productivity and satisfaction of Teachable employees
- Create flows, wireframes, and user journeys that reflect mental models of users
- Participate and contribute to user interviews, discovery sessions, brainstorms, and design thinking workshops
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Users, Developers and other stakeholders on finding solutions to potentially complex technical challenges
- You’ll play a key role in products with both web interfaces and APIs, ensuring that what the team builds are purpose-built for the needs of the people using them
- As a member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture
- You'll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations
- You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to team members
- Be a driving force for our P.E.O.P.L.E. Principles, tearing down x-functional chasms
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5+ years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment
- Ideally have hands-on Internal Tools or developer platform experience
- You are comfortable bringing team members along for the discovery process, and making the case for user and business needs
- You are a systems thinker, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- You are a highly collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently
- Experienced in cross-disciplinary collaboration, particularly with engineers
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.
Want to learn more about Teachable? Visit Teachable's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.