Senior Full Stack Engineer
Teachable, Remote (United States)
See jobs at Teachable
We are looking for someone:
- With 4+ years of experience with production code, working in either a full stack or backend capacity
- With strong software development experience using either Ruby (we use Ruby on Rails), Python, Java, Go, etc.
- With strong software development experience in modern-front end technologies such as React (what we use) or vue
- Care about good programming practices (OO principles, test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Value working as part of a team and supporting other team members when needed
- Be interesting, creative, fun to work with and interested in doing cool things with a cool product
What you'll be doing:
- Work on a cross-functional pod collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, full stack engineers and QAs to build high-quality products
- Contribute to the technical design and architecture of services and applications across the organization
- Write simple, clean, high quality and efficient software that delivers features and improvements
- Seek and provide feedback consistently and well, with an open mind and willingness to continuously improve
- Embrace a growth mindset and share a willingness to learn new tools and technologies
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.
Want to learn more about Teachable? Visit Teachable's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.