Product Manager, Student Commerce
Teachable, Remote (United States)
See jobs at Teachable
- Define product/platform strategy for student commerce experience and manage a prioritized roadmap that addresses customer needs
- Facilitate opportunity assessment, solutioning, and other forms of discovery, alongside the entire pod; conduct market research, qualitative research, quantitative analysis and constantly seek out more knowledge about the market and the customer
- Play the role of Product Owner in the pod’s Scrum process; be a conduit of information regarding factors guiding the pod’s work
- Be primarily accountable for smooth and impactful planning, go-to-market execution and customer adoption of the pod’s outputs
- Establish and monitor success metrics for betas, launches, and features to enable data-driven prioritization and identify improvements
- Be primarily accountable for keeping all the pod’s collaborators, partners, stakeholders and other relevant parties informed of the pod’s affairs
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience building software products, preferably in or around e-commerce, fintech, payments, or other highly relevant complex space with a high degree of regulatory sensitivities
- A metrics-driven approach and ability to dive into data sources to demonstrate your strategy and results
- Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances a strong customer and quality focus while thinking big
- Hands-on experience with delivering against regulatory / compliance requirements, leveraging project management fundamentals (i.e. managing to timelines, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- Experience working in growth stage ($10MM - $100MM ARR) companies is a plus
Preferred Domain Expertise
- Ecommerce (e.g. checkout), financial services, (international and domestic), and marketplace facilitator regulation etc.
- Integrations to 3rd party providers — we use Stripe, Paypal, Fonoa, and Vertex
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.
Want to learn more about Teachable? Visit Teachable's website.
The social news and entertainment company.