Senior Digital Designer (UX/UI)
Teachable, Remote (United States)
See jobs at Teachable
- You will own and lead the design and implementation of our marketing site on a daily basis. You’ll help optimize the user experience and interface of our marketing site and help us A/B test a variety of design solutions across a multitude of pages. You will work with a tight knit team (Growth, Creative, and Marketing Ops) to help build and facilitate the best possible marketing site we can dream of.
- You’ll also apply your expertise of UX/UI across a variety of mediums and touch points to ensure all designs we launch into the world takes into account the most user-friendly and streamlined experience possible.
- Ideate unique ways to bring our brand experiences to life in innovative ways, helping to elevate expectations and standards within the organization.
- You’ll lead and craft compelling digital experiences and successfully translate them across various formats and devices.
- You’re able to explain and communicate ideas and strategies for all creative work clearly and effortlessly.
- You are a natural collaborator; Work closely with a multidisciplinary group of designers, copywriters, marketers, project managers, and producers to bring our creative vision to life. You will also partner closely with cross-functional teams and partners in a variety of projects.
- Manage design processes with outside agency partners, freelancers and contractors; provide thoughtful leadership and feedback in order to accomplish deliverables in a timely manner.
- Keep scalability top of mind throughout all facets of the design process, ensuring that everything we put out into the world is robust, agile and flexible.
- Leveraging our brand guidelines, you’ll develop digital style guides for our marketing site and other digital experiences.
- Work hand-in-hand with our development partners to execute our creative vision for our marketing site with our CMS without compromising quality.
- Lead and spearhead design meetings confidently and effectively to team members, leadership, and executives regularly.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to our more junior designers to help them achieve their best work and provide developmental opportunities while inspiring them to do their best work.
- 7+ years of experience executing best-in-class digital experiences across various digital touch points at an agency or in-house creative team. Both experiences are a plus.
- You have deep experience and understanding of the UX and UI landscape, A/B testing, and web optimization.
- Fluency with a variety of design programs including Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and Webflow.
- Expert understanding of responsive design and how to translate designs successfully across a variety of formats and devices.
- Outside the box thinker who is inquisitive and proactive in suggesting new ideas, formats, and options in an effort to push innovation forward.
- Some working knowledge of HTML and CSS and other coding languages. You also have the understanding and ability to navigate a variety of CMS platforms and frameworks.
- You have coaching and mentoring experience with directing junior creatives.
- You’re a self-motivated problem solver who’s able to work comfortably with ambiguity; you are able to navigate uncertain situations with ease, plug holes appropriately, communicate with stakeholders effectively, and provide optional solutions when needed.
- You have excellent communication skills, oral and written. You also possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Sophisticated and elevated eye; there’s no detail that gets past you.
- Strong working knowledge of project management softwares (Asana, Jira and Confluence)
- Active engagement and knowledge of current digital design trends.
- You’re a natural collaborator and thrive in challenging and fast-moving situations.
- Understands the fluid and fast-paced world of rapidly growing start-up environments.
- Possess true empathy and sensitivity for others; patient and calm under pressure.
- You’re passionate about what you do and have fun doing it.
Nice To Haves
- You have motion design chops; working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and other industry leading motion graphics software.
- Some understanding of web development and production; able to help guide conversations and research regarding content management systems, front-end development, back-end development.
- Additional experience in other creative mediums other than digital design (3D, video editing, photography, illustration, film, etc.)
Teachable is a powerful, easy-to-use online course creation platform. Since our founding, we’ve been on a mission to make education accessible, engaging, and profitable. Today, over 7,500 creators (and counting) are building courses powered by Teachable. We give our course creators everything needed to create, market, and sell their course online, with little to no technical knowledge required. Our platform allows perks from unlimited courses and unlimited students to site customization and personal branding. By empowering people to share their most valuable skills online, Teachable is custom-designed with the instructor’s success in mind. In 2014, our customers made just under $1 million and in 2015, that figure jumped to $6 million. In 2016, it grew 5x to almost $30 million generated on our platform and we are hoping to do over $120 million in sales in 2017. We now have 80,000 published courses on Teachable and over 7,000,000 students that have signed up to take a course. Our growing, tight-knit team values collaboration and trust, not only with one another but with our users. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the product and experience to keep up with the needs of a growing customer base, and we have fun doing it together from our gorgeous office near Union Square.
Want to learn more about Teachable? Visit Teachable's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.