Senior Data Engineer
Teads: No.1 Video Advertising Marketplace Reinventing Digital Advertising
We are looking for Senior Data Engineers to work on our Advertising Platform, reaching 1,4b users per month.
Our engineering team brings together 120+ talented individuals on 3 main locations (Paris, Montpellier and Bucharest). We are organized in agile and autonomous features team and we also share technical knowledge within several community of practices.
Our main engineering challenges:
- We work in a very high traffic environment with low latencies constraints
- Web and mobile complexity, we are trying to offer a similar user experience on a wide range of contexts (device, OS, browser, etc.)
- An infinite source of Machine Learning use cases, ranging from ad performance prediction to ad delivery pacing and forecasting
- Large datasets that we need to compute in near real time (auction resolution) and even greater volumes for analytics use cases
- We operate globally and constantly think about new products to build the future of the media
As a Senior Data Engineer, your missions will be to:
- Propose new ways to scale our platform to crawl hundreds of gigabytes of data daily
- Develop high-performance code to provide live statistics and reports, answering year-wide queries in seconds
- Work together with the machine learning team to improve our Engine performance
- Research new technologies to empower our clients to request just about anything about their business, and still answer in seconds
Your skills and experiences:
- Good programming abilities. Testing your development is a second nature to you, and you are very mindful about your application architecture, performance and maintainability and its overall quality.
- Proven experience in developing and operating ETL workloads at scale
- An appetite for Data Engineering
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral, and a great team spirit
- Large-scale distributed systems, service oriented architecture
- Previous experience with all or some of the elements of our Stack (we mainly use Scala, Kafka, Spark, Dataflow, BigQuery, Redshift)
- Experience in caching system (in memory, distributed)
- Knowledge of the JVM (GC, Concurrency...)
- Experience in high performance and/or low latency system
- MySQL and NoSQL datastores
If you want to learn Scala and Data Engineering at scale, and solve high scalability problems, join us!
We provide competitive benefits, in house training and relocation package to settle down in Montpellier!
Through its end-to-end platform, Teads provides demand-side, sell-side and creative technology to deliver better media effectiveness for brands, better monetisation solutions for publishers, and better experiences for consumers.
Teads partners with the leading marketers, agencies and publishers through a team of 800+ people in 26 countries
We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, and represents employees across a variety of skill sets. We embrace contributions from all ages, sexes, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations and gender identities.
Teads, founded in 2011, is the inventor of outstream video advertising and the leading native video advertising marketplace. Publishers work with Teads to create brand new outstream video inventory, monetizing it through programmatic buying, their own sales force, or third parties including Teads Demand. Teads pioneers advertising experiences that respect the user, creating unprecedented levels of premium inventory which previously didn’t exist. Brands, agencies and trading desks can access this top-tier, premium inventory, available on the web and on mobile, in the Teads Marketplace. Through our managed services capabilities, the Teads team execute on their client’s behalf using its platform. Teads has a team of over 500 employees, 100 of which are in the innovation team, across 27 global offices.