Commercial Community Manager
TechHub, New York, NY
The global community for tech entrepreneurs & startups
Do you *really* care about creating great communities? TechHub is the global home for tech entrepreneurs and startup teams, and to grow our friendly, supportive community we need to bring in great entrepreneurs and their companies. For that, we need you!
We are looking for an incredible people person to become our community development manager who’ll focus on building our community by bringing startups into TechHub. You’ll be one of our first five US employees in our rapidly growing global business with locations in Europe and India.
What’s the role? To drive and shape our success in NYC by curating and growing the most diverse and supportive community in the tech startup ecosystem. You’ll be doing great things with a small and entrepreneurial team, working from our beautiful Chelsea location (W 27th and 7th) and representing our brand far beyond it.
What skills will I need? People skills to curate, grow and strengthen our membership; incredible networking skills to bring people through the door; your business acumen to generate partnerships and opportunities with strategic organisations; and your passion and communications skills to create awareness of our brand and community within and beyond the US.
Why should I apply? If you’re looking to work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll have great support and significant responsibility to support tech entrepreneurs on their path to success - we want to hear from you!
We especially encourage applications from folks of all genders, or who are non-binary or a-gender; from people of colour; from folks with disabilities; and from anyone from groups under-represented in the tech community. If you think you have the core parts of this role down, but aren’t sure about some of the other elements, do apply!
- Lead commercial community development - you are responsible for anything and everything related to new memberships growth and onboarding, building partnership opportunities and retention targets.
- Community onboarding and account management of existing members.
- Grow and curate the local TechHub member community - grow our member community; generate leads, manage applications and ensure prospective members are a good fit for our community.
- Engage the external community - represent our brand externally to raise awareness and engage the wider tech ecosystem; startups, journalists, investors, government and others. You’ll network, host events with external audiences (talks, round tables, VIP tours), speak at conferences.
- Assess and manage partnerships - identify and engage relevant partners to generate maximum value for our members and community.
- Tell our story - if you have the skills, you’ll work on our external marketing and comms; coordinate local social media marketing, press relations, blogging, promotional campaigns.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in community-building, commercial account management, sales, business development and/or marketing - top-notch professional and commercial communication skills are fundamental to this role. Whatever your previous roles, bringing people in has been a big part of it.
- Commercially-minded - you are comfortable speaking the language of leads and conversion, and have a creative and strategic mindset.
- Strong connections within the New York tech startup ecosystem - knowing your way around New York’s tech scene is essential to this role. At least one year’s experience in a technology startup environment is a must-have.
- Great public speaking skills - you're confident in front of a room of 200 people, and also easily engage and shine in a one-on-one. If you don’t have lots of experience in this, don’t worry, we’ll give you opportunities and coach you to get you ready.
TechHub is the global community for tech entrepreneurs and startups. We support the growth of over 750 companies across the world, whether they're founders getting started, or fast-scaling 50 to 100-person teams.
Making a difference to tech startups around the world wouldn't be possible without our amazing team.
TechHubbers represent a dozen different nationalities and are smart, fun, friendly and all-round awesome. So awesome, in fact, that our member startups often tell us they want to recreate our culture within their own companies (true story!) - here's why
Want to learn more about TechHub? Visit TechHub's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, Avalon
Bonobos, Alpharetta, GA
VideoAmp, New York, NY
Senior Product Manager - Subscriptions
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Pre-Sales Engineer (PA, NJ, NY)
Confluent, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
FX Dealer - Hong Kong
Ebury, Hong Kong
Senior Account Executive
Zype, New York, NY