The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City, CA
Advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity.
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Our mission is to create a future for everyone. Across our three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a thoughtful Recruiter with a growth mindset and a deep personal connection to our mission. As a Recruiter on the small but mighty Initiatives+Operations (IO) Recruiting Team the ideal candidate is a self-starter who is process driven, detail oriented, and eager to take on the challenge of helping us grow our company. As a member of our recruiting team, you’ll advise on a diverse and complex set of candidate markets and build strategies to enable us to source, engage and hire the best talent. This person will also help out with recruiting-related initiatives and projects across our teams.
- Ensure that diversity is at the center of all sourcing strategies
- Hire mission-driven, quality candidates and meet our headcount goals
- Partner closely with leaders in the organization to develop hiring plans for their openings and create a diversity hiring strategy in partnership with each of them
- Maintain a high offer acceptance rate through a deep understanding of each requisition and by providing an outstanding candidate experience
- Provide a high-touch recruiting experience and help candidates navigate through our recruitment process with care
- Possess an advanced understanding of concepts related to our initiative areas and operational teams that support these program teams
- Collaborate with others on the recruiting team to optimize our recruiting process and hiring output
- Analyze hiring data in order to make recommendations on compensation, sources of applicants and hires, interviewing techniques, etc
- Partner with the University Program Manager to ensure all full-time and intern hiring goals are achieved
- Own and participate in university program processes, activities, and events
- Demonstrated success as a recruiter or in similar role with transferable skills (4+ years relevant experience)
- Experience building diversity into the foundation of recruiting processes and programs
- Experience influencing leadership and driving hiring initiatives
- Proven ability to create clarity in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proven experience hiring for a variety of functions and learning new disciplines
- Experience working cross-functionally with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience building recruiting workflows, processes, and sourcing strategies
- Experience using data to make decisions that have a positive impact on hiring
- Knowledge of compensation structures
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and work flexible hours as needed
Nice to have
- Early career recruiting experience, experience with technical hiring and UR programs highly desirable
- Solid knowledge of on-campus schedules and ‘rules of engagement’
- Understanding of campus and diversity organizations within UR (e.g. NSBE, SHPE, AnitaB.org., CS+Social Good etc)
About The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
WHO WE ARE The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, founded by Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan in December 2015, is a new kind of philanthropic organization that brings together world-class engineering, grant-making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Our initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. We are also exploring other issues tied to the promotion of equal opportunity including access to affordable housing and criminal justice reform. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress. We make long-term investments because important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries. We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast, and iterate toward our goals for the next century. We strive to be lifelong learners who work collaboratively across functions in service of our mission.
Want to learn more about The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative? Visit The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative's website.
Jobs You May Like
Performance Improvement, Managing Director
Accordion Partners, Dallas