AV Operations Lead
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City, CA
Advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity.
Founded by Dr. Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Across three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education and Justice and Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for a well-rounded and highly-flexible individual who will primarily be responsible oversight of AV Operations and Events. As a leader in this space, you will be highly service-oriented and possess a deep sense of ownership in all aspects of AV. You will be responsible for driving the strategy with the goal of obtaining the highest user satisfaction and reliability of our AV systems.
This role is responsible for ensuring that AV events and video conferencing at CZI are outstanding and meet our users needs and are operational on a day to day basis. To be successful, this person must show initiative, be motivated by technology and customer service, and have great attention to detail. The successful candidate will possess deep technical knowledge as it relates to AV as well as have exceptional interpersonal skills and exemplary written and verbal communication.
We believe that high quality video conferencing and event spaces are critical to enabling productive collaboration inside and outside of CZI to enable us to accomplish our mission. As a result, we’re invested in ensuring that our video conferencing and event space systems are high quality and highly available.
- Responsible for driving excellence in the delivery of all aspects of AV for our users across CZI.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for a team of 3 to 5 people within a technical support environment including training, coaching and mentoring.
- Work with a cross-functional team of both internal and external stakeholders to provide requirements and standards documents for design and ongoing maintenance of AV deployments.
- Lead all AV efforts and provide feedback on current systems, helping to evolve new designs that meet the growing and changing needs of CZI.
- Experience working in a fast paced customer service environment, preferably within a technical organization.
- Knowledge of event production and video conferencing technology.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more designing and operating video conferencing systems, event spaces, and/or live-streaming production studios.
- Experience with setup and configuration of AV equipment.
- Proven experience administering Zoom, BlueJeans or other enterprise video conferencing systems.
- Relevant experience as a technical lead of a 3+ person team.
About The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
WHO WE ARE The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, founded by Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan in December 2015, is a new kind of philanthropic organization that brings together world-class engineering, grant-making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Our initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. We are also exploring other issues tied to the promotion of equal opportunity including access to affordable housing and criminal justice reform. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress. We make long-term investments because important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries. We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast, and iterate toward our goals for the next century. We strive to be lifelong learners who work collaboratively across functions in service of our mission.