Senior Data Scientist (Product Analytics), Meta, Science
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City, CA
Advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity.
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of the world’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education, to reforming the criminal justice system. Our mission is to create a future for everyone. Across our three core Initiative focus areas of Science, Education, and Justice & Opportunity, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and movement building, to help build an inclusive, just, and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Meta.org is a software tool that aims to accelerate scientific discovery. Our Meta team is seeking a Data Scientist to help craft great metrics, collect and analyze data to assess progress, build dashboards, generate reports, and develop insights to inform the strategy and direction of the team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with product managers to design metrics and goals for scrum teams, conduct analyses to provide insights, and communicate your findings to the broader team. If you are mission-driven and are committed to building transformative technologies, we want to hear from you!
- Frame business and product questions, design experiments, process and analyze data sets, and interpret and communicate them to aid business decisions
- Design and build data structures, pipelines, and dashboards that support our products, working cross-functionally to understand data needs
- Collaborate with user experience research, product, and engineering teams to include qualitative insights, market information and strategy in recommendations
- Drive projects focusing on user retention, user engagement, product-market-fit, and growth – working closely with product, engineering, data, research, and leadership teams
- 3+ years of experience
- Prior experience in product analytics
- Prior experience building product dashboards and pipelines
- Skills in R, Python, and/or SQL
- Created business or product metrics that were adopted by an organization
- Created and managed internal dashboards and reporting
About The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
WHO WE ARE The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, founded by Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan in December 2015, is a new kind of philanthropic organization that brings together world-class engineering, grant-making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Our initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. We are also exploring other issues tied to the promotion of equal opportunity including access to affordable housing and criminal justice reform. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress. We make long-term investments because important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries. We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast, and iterate toward our goals for the next century. We strive to be lifelong learners who work collaboratively across functions in service of our mission.
Want to learn more about The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative? Visit The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative's website.
192 Active Jobs
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
EDA Solutions Architect
Rescale, San Francisco, CA or Remote in AZ, CO, DC, FL, MA, MI, MN, NC, NY, OR, TX, UT, or WA