Head of Business Systems and IT Operations
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City, CA (Open to Remote)
Advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity.
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
CZI also supports multiple work options. Learn more about our philosophy and approach here.
As our organization has grown, we’ve invested from our early stages in software and systems to enable how our teams get work done and operate efficiently. We’re looking for an experienced leader who can build upon and cultivate a deep partnership between our IT teams who build and lead CZI-wide business systems with our partner teams across Communication, Facilities, Finance, Grant Making, Investments, Legal, People, and Recruiting.
- Lead our Business Systems and IT Operations teams which are composed of internal product managers, application administrators engineers, system administrators, helpdesk technicians, logistics and procurement managers, and technology business partners technical program managers, helping them develop an integrated multi-year roadmap and strategy.
- Cultivate a culture of deep trusted partnerships, delivering high-quality services, and finding ways to improve based upon setting joint business and technology goals.
- Partner closely with our Infrastructure and Security, Corporate Infrastructure and Information Security teams to deliver upon joint roadmaps and goals.
- Manage both individual contributors and people managers, including investing in the personal development growth of the entire team.
- 10 - 15 years of progressive corporate systems and IT operations experience.
- Experience in fast-growing and/or pre-ipo companies - at the intersection of corporate system scale and foundational systems and processes.
- Skilled technology and people leader. This individual should possess and draw upon experiences as (1) a technology leader scaling the corporate system aspects of a growing and sophisticated organization; and (2) a people leader that inspires team members - and helps to encourage and support their professional development.
- Direct and robust Salesforce technology and architecture experience, including (1) a robust understanding of SFDC features, options, and solutions; (2) seamless ability to translate technical architecture and language into executive and business team understandable summaries; and (3) has experience in, can articulate a vision for, and will implement the future SFDC organization design.
- Experience with the design, configuration, and maintenance of Workday Financials and HR, as well as IT Operations functions (help desk, technology procurement and strategy, operational connectivity, and facility technology management) to hire, lead, motivate, and inspire these teams and leaders.
- A visionary executive who brings ideas and organization scale design; but who also seeks feedback and input from other collaborators.
- A command, and willingness to engage with a variety of systems and processes - but also who will center those systems within an overall strategy.
- A willing and engaged collaborator with other engineering, product, and infrastructure technologists.
- Someone who will leverage the right metrics and data to make informed decisions; and who will communicate the rationale and results of those decisions across the organization.
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all applicants and employees to come onsite to a CZI facility. CZI will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
About The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
WHO WE ARE The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, founded by Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan in December 2015, is a new kind of philanthropic organization that brings together world-class engineering, grant-making, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Our initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. We are also exploring other issues tied to the promotion of equal opportunity including access to affordable housing and criminal justice reform. We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing world-class engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress. We make long-term investments because important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries. We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast, and iterate toward our goals for the next century. We strive to be lifelong learners who work collaboratively across functions in service of our mission.
Want to learn more about The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative? Visit The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.