The South Development Associate assists the South Finance team in executing the major donor fundraising efforts for the Southern region of the United States. The Southern region includes Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, USVI and Puerto Rico. Applicant must be detail oriented and possess strong communication and organization skills. Political experience in the South region is a plus. This is an entry-level position. Applicants with intern-level or no previous experience in politics are encouraged to apply.
- Providing support for the execution of the Finance plan including scheduling donor meetings and creating briefing memos;
- Assisting in the execution of fundraising events in the region;
- Assisting in maintaining donor relationships in the region;
- Performing prospect research for potential donors in the region;
- Maintaining a tracking system for all donors; and,
- Providing additional support to the South Finance Director and consultants as needed.
- Self-starter with great attention to detail;
- Great multi-tasker that can think on their feet;
- Willingness to learn and adapt;
- Experience with NGP8 a plus;
- Strong communications skills across multiple medium; and,
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
The starting salary for the South Development Associate position is $48,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employee and dependants.
The DNC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to succeed at the DNC. The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DNC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DNC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. We welcome applicants with questions about accommodations to request to speak with our Human Resources Department. When an applicant with a disability requires an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing our Human Resources Department.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time; and,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders.
You must receive the full course of one of the CDC-recommended vaccinations against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.