(mid-level) Art Director + Shopper CPG
The Marketing Arm, Chicago, IL
Be Anywhere. Do Anything. Start Here.
We believe in the power of creativity: creativity that makes people think, feel, and then act.
Creativity brimming with bravery and vision, heart and humor, imagination and truth.
We believe that brands should stand for more than what they’re selling.
With culture as our playground and emotion as our craft, we help our clients
change minds, win hearts, and create memories.
We believe that good people are the key to creating great work. Our halls are filled
with passionate thinkers and makers, seasoned experts and rising stars, who unleash
each other’s brilliance and celebrate every win as a team.
Together, we bring ideas from the page into the world, ideas that are so audacious, so original,
so meaningful that they couldn’t come from you or me - only we.
WE ARE TMA. CREATIVITY THAT MATTERS.
TMA is looking for an Art Director to join our agency in Chicago! The candidate must be a creative sensation who lives to bring brands to life through integrated marketing. You will have the opportunity to work with our strong and strategic team on our fun CPG clients. You'd be a great match if you have experience working on well known household shopper marketing brands.
You’re a visionary and an image conjurer. A hands-on designer who can concept the unexpected and then bring it to life with exceptional polish and pop. You make art that dazzles with strategy that sells. You search for inspiration, you learn from others, you envy industry greats, and you become better every day. You keep your antennae up for all cultural and industry trends. You wear many hats, you wear many shoes, and you paint with many brushes. Constructive criticism helps you and doesn’t hurt you because you’re a pro, and at the end of the day you know it’s all about the work and never about yourself.
- Concepting and designing print, A/V, and digital creative, rendering masterful typography, and possible photo art direction
- Collaborating with teams of creatives, strategists and account leads to create a high volume of work on time, on budget and on point
- Participate in brainstorms, articulate your ideas in writing, translate that thinking into beautiful pitch decks, and deliver best-in-class brand creative that exceeds Client objectives
- Direct and mentor Jr. Art Director to consistently deliver on brand
- Present to a group of clients with conviction, confidence and swagger
- Pitch in on new business initiatives and agency creative communications
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the marketplace and competitive landscape our Clients operate in, as well as cultural, design, and business trends
- Be a source of positivity, inspiration, creativity and fun
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field (advertising, graphic design, visual arts, etc.)
- 2-4 years of agency experience as a graphic designer or art director
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills
- Strong working knowledge of the creative process and integrated marketing, including A/V, print, experiential sponsorship, and digital
- Ability to work with internal and external teams to develop and execute big ideas from beginning to end, provide clear creative direction and timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes and keep deliverables on time and on budget
- Understand how to appeal to diverse cultural markets
- Strong problem-solving, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others to creatively and strategically solve multiple problems at once, under quick deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills and salesmanship are a must
- Fluent in current Adobe Creative Suites Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft suite of products
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Keynote a plus
- Knowledge of After Effects or Final Cut Pro is a plus
- Solid portfolio, available online
TMA Perks & Benefits:
- Continuous training, educational programs, speaker series and workshops
- Culture events throughout the year (just virtually now!)
Communities to connect with:
- TMACares (Volunteering)
- DiscoverTMA (Furthering diversity and inclusion)
- TMA Women’s Initiative (Fostering the growth and achievements of women)
- Wellness Group (Helping to improve the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of employees)
- Competitive vacation plan, sick days and personal days to prioritize your mental health
- Summer Flex Fridays
- Robust holiday schedule
- Parental leave
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
About The Marketing Arm
ABOUT US We are built to help brands engage along the entire consumer journey. Our focus? Make brands mean something to consumers no matter how they come in contact. Which is why we have deep expertise across multiple disciplines. This creates an integrated solution of the critical marketing capabilities you need. Not to mention less overhead and more cohesive thinking. It works! Over 100 top brands agree. If you care about awards, we’ve got those too: “Most Awarded Agency,” “Most Creative Agency,” “Best Places to Work,” Lions, Pencils, Clios, Reggies … you name it.
Want to learn more about The Marketing Arm? Visit The Marketing Arm's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world