Director of Business Development
The Players’ Tribune is looking for a Director of Business Development who is passionate about working on the cutting edge of athlete storytelling and can accelerate our growth as we scale globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for assessment, negotiation and ultimately the partner management tied to the licensing and distribution of our content. As such, you will source and assess new strategic partnerships in addition to maintaining existing partnerships. You will recommend new deals to pursue and how and will work cross-functionally within TPT to help us grow in every area: audience, revenue, and content. The ideal candidate will have a pulse on the current market trends with a lens and vision for future opportunities.
- Optimally manage existing and prospective Company partnerships across digital, TV, OTT, social and other distribution platforms
- Effectively communicate the strength, value proposition and premium nature of TPT without significant oversight
- Evaluate, negotiate and execute new business development deals to drive revenue, audience and/or brand growth for the Company
- Primary liaison between TPT and Partner to drive value across the Company’s entire business
- Help support the Company’s goals of aggressively increasing global total revenue in 2020 and beyond, with a focus on licensing, distribution and/or other non-ad sales revenue
- Actively participate in broader Company strategy discussions and related due diligence work including 1 to 5 year AOP planning
- 8-10 years of business development experience in the digital media and/or content industry
- Strong network and reputation in the industry to fast track opportunities
- Proven track record of incubating enterprise wide partnerships
- Understand key trends/insight in the media landscape to maximize both short term and long term opportunities
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, creativity, organizational and communication skills with a strong partnership acumen at executive level
- Detail-oriented and thorough, with the ability to connect to the “big picture” and understand key trends / levers that drive the business
- Proven track record of evaluating business opportunities and executing tactical strategies for implementation to support business growth
- Experience with financial forecasting and basic modeling
- Strong negotiation & contract skills
- BS/BA from a major university
- MBA or JD
- New York, USA
About The Players' Tribune
The Players’ Tribune is a new media company that provides athletes with a platform to connect directly with their fans, in their own words. Founded by Derek Jeter, The Players’ Tribune publishes first-person stories from athletes, providing unique insight into the daily sports conversation. Through impactful and powerful long- and short-form stories, video series and podcasts, The Players’ Tribune brings fans closer than ever to the games they love.
Want to learn more about The Players' Tribune? Visit The Players' Tribune's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.