Global Social Media Associate
The Players’ Tribune’s Global team is looking for a Social Media Associate to support its publishing and content initiatives for its social platforms.
This is a full-time contractor role with the potential to join TPT as a full-time employee after an initial collaboration period.
The Social Media Associate is directly responsible for managing the execution and success of TPT Global’s social content. This person will work with various individuals across the organization to develop a clear social voice for TPT Global and manage the execution of its content on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. This person will also collaborate with other Global team members on content for Instagram, Tiktok, and Weibo.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Audience development
- Archive management in conjunction with producer/designers
- Creating copy required for all posts
- Following publication of feature content, interacting with all the fan sites, influencers, journalists, partners, and athletes to comment and re-share content, all with the mission to grow the audience and drive to the Hero (regardless of platform).
- Optimize feature stories and extend their shelf life
- Work closely with creators to spin up new treatments
- Manage the calendar for publishing on social platforms
- Establishing a voice/approach for social platforms
- Maintain balance between editorial and branded posts
The Ideal Candidate:
- Enthusiastic digital native; up to speed on the latest trends and opportunities for online storytelling
- Has 3-5 years of experience with a focus on social media
- Is fluent in tools and databases for planning, creating and publishing social content
- Has a strong interest in sports and/or sports lifestyle media
- Is experience in using various audience analytics tools
- Is familiar with content creation programs such as Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Creative and on the same wavelength as our creators and the TPT ethos
- Fan of The Players’ Tribune and a regular consumer of its content
- Interested in the evolution of social media and how to use it to create unique experiences for our athletes and audiences
About The Players' Tribune
The Players’ Tribune is a new media company that provides athletes with a platform to connect directly with their fans, in their own words. Founded by Derek Jeter, The Players’ Tribune publishes first-person stories from athletes, providing unique insight into the daily sports conversation. Through impactful and powerful long- and short-form stories, video series and podcasts, The Players’ Tribune brings fans closer than ever to the games they love.
Want to learn more about The Players' Tribune? Visit The Players' Tribune's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.