WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine recently named The Trade Desk among the best small to medium-sized workplaces in the US.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a programmer analysts with grit – individuals with a passion for building and owning the business systems that underpin a multibillion dollar public company. The advertising industry is evolving rapidly, every day creating new business problems that need creative solutions. We run our team very fast and very lean, which means every member has a high degree of ownership and potential impact – and we are looking for candidates with the chops to solve these problems.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As member of The Trade Desk’s Business Engineering Team, you will report to the local Engineering lead, and work extensively with team members across all functional areas to own the integration of various business systems and delivery of solutions for internal clients. This will involve:
- Design, development, integrate, and maintain the internal business systems and platform functionality that interoperates with those systems.
- Develop a deep understanding of company’s various operational systems and processes: Operations, Finance, HR, Marketing, etc.
- Optimize and consolidate reporting for business teams.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve efficiency and scaling our business systems and processes.
- Participate in building the enterprise data warehouse and ETL stack to support reporting and BI.
- Evaluate and onboard new business systems
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal business systems.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 8+ years of experience in full stack corporate systems development and management, using a modern object-oriented language. Memory-managed languages are best -- e.g. C#, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. We do a lot of development in C#/.NET, but specific experience here is not required.
- A track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging business application development projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" or "street cred" – some proof that this isn't your first rodeo, and you have learned some lessons the hard way.
- A solid understanding of database fundamentals and SQL, including database design, ETL development, and SQL writing and performance tuning.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development using MVC and/or modern JS frameworks, such as React.
- An understanding of finance and accounting principles and their practical applications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to document complex technical problems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision
- Experience implementing, integrating and maintaining the following SaaS corporate systems or equivalents preferred:
- ERP: Intacct or NetSuite
- HRIS: Workday
- CRM: SFDC
- Experience developing with iPaaS solutions, such as Dell Boomi or Informatica preferred
- Enterprise report delivery skills using tools like SSRS, Tableau and PowerBI preferred
We also hope you'll take some time to learn more about The Trade Desk and what it's like to work here. Here are a few links to help get you started:
- Learn more about our mission to transform the global advertising industry
- See what it's like to be an engineer on one of the world's most highly scaled Internet applications
- Experience a taste of our global culture
- Get to know a few members of our team
- Read the Glassdoor reviews that got us named one of the top 20 best places to work in North America
NOTE: Do your best to apply to the one role and location you believe best fits your skills, needs, and interests. There's no need to apply to more than one – if you're qualified, we'll find the right role and location for you.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without a contract in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.
Want to learn more about The Trade Desk? Visit The Trade Desk's website.
Jobs You May Like
(Senior) Full Stack Developer - Elixir and React
Factory Berlin, Berlin
Senior Software Engineer, Application Backend
Optimizely, Austin TX, US
Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud
CloudHealth Technologies, Boston, MA
ShareThis, Palo Alto
Principal Software Engineer (remote)
Devoted Health, United States
React Native Engineer
Peloton, New York, NY