Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding (RTB), The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform (DSP) in the industry by offering agencies and their advertisers a best-in-class technology platform that focuses on delivering meaningful and relevant engagement with consumers.
With integrations into every major advertising exchange, we handle 11 million queries per second and growing – that's more page views and queries than Facebook, Google Search, and Google's entire network of websites combined – all serviced in single-digit-ms response times. Are you interested in working with big data? Do you want to push the edges of scale and responsiveness? It doesn't get much bigger or faster than this!
We are looking to hire a Big Data DevOps Engineers to help manage and scale our NoSQL / key-value database systems. You should have experience working with high-scale, low-latency NoSQL technology. If you have specific experience with Aerospike, that is a big plus but is not essential. You will love learning new technologies and figuring out the most efficient ways to manage multiple database clusters, hundreds of hosts, and millions of operations per second (in aggregate). You want to maintain and improve software that scales on a huge, global scale. You believe that servers should be managed like cattle, not pets.
Recently named one of the top 10 most promising companies in America by Forbes Magazine and one of the "Best Places To Work" in the nation by Outdoor Magazine, The Trade Desk offers a culture of "relaxed intensity" – one that comes from working alongside one of the most talented teams in our industry, and leading in a race that is ours to lose.
- Assume the role of "subject matter expert" for systems and NoSQL strategy within The Trade Desk Engineering organization.
- Monitor the health and capacity of our worldwide clusters.
- Partner with datacenter and network staff to make sure hardware and network capacity is keeping up with Aerospike scale requirements.
- Investigate production issues. Solve for both the short and long term.
- Write documentation and runbooks that allow globally-distributed engineers to understand and support the systems.
- Work with developers and product owners to advocate for operational improvements in our software stack.
- Critically evaluate the NoSQL database architecture. Propose, own, and implement medium and long term improvements towards supportability or performance.
- Participate in Scrum methodology along with the rest of the DevOps / SRE team.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- 5+ years in an operational role (DBA, DevOps, system administration, Site Reliability Engineer, etc.) or a software engineering role with an interest in operations.
- 2+ years experience with NoSQL systems, ideally at scale. Specific experience with Aerospike is a big plus. Experience with other key-value stores such as MongoDB, Riak, HBase, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis, or others is okay (we will train you on Aerospike).
- Knowledge of SQL language is a plus.
- Experience managing both physical hardware and cloud environments such as AWS is a big plus.
- The ability to code in at least one language is desirable, though deep database knowledge and experience can trump this requirement.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Experience with configuration management tools. We use Chef, but Puppet, Salt, or Ansible experience is okay, too.
- Experience with agile methodologies and a rapid development cycle.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and logging tools is a big plus, such as Graphite, Grafana, Nagios/Icinga, or SumoLogic.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.