Senior Data Scientist, Measurement
The Trade Desk, Boulder, CO, Denver, CO, New York, NY
A clearer view of digital advertising
DATA SCIENCE AT THE TRADE DESK:
At The Trade Desk, the Data Science team is responsible for transforming our hundreds of terabytes of Real-Time Bidding (RTB) advertising auction data into actionable intelligence, using advanced modelling and optimization algorithms. Our mission is to develop new and powerful means of growing the value of our client’s campaigns across millions of web-based publishers.
Our team believes in innovation that contributes to our product. In this role, you will be a key member in the development of entirely new data products and the improvement of existing data, all while using world-class modelling & machine learning. You will interact primarily with our Product Management, Trading, Data Partnerships, and Data Engineering teams to oversee the implementation of your data products. Your ideas and research will contribute directly to our client facing products.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You’ll be a member of our data science team with a focus on ads measurement. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert on every part of our ads measurement offering – conversion lift and experiments, synthetic controls, reach and frequency, brand lift, etc. In addition, you will be an expert in the processes and data that enable these solutions – understanding the role of identity and advocating for changes if needed, building ways to account for missing transaction data, correcting non-response bias, panel bias, and so on. Your day-to-day will be spent interfacing between our Product Management, Data Partnerships, and Data Engineering teams to help lead the development and improvement of our measurement solutions. In this role you may also serve as a technical lead, guiding projects and mentoring junior members of the team
In addition to leading our measurement efforts, you will also be a contributing member to the broader data science team, which includes the following responsibilities
- Be an advocate for good science
- Be an intellectually generous and collaborative team member
- Maintain a focus on shipping product, understanding that often done is better than perfect
- Provide input into the collection of new data sources and the refinement of existing ones to improve analysis and model development
- Become an expert on TTD’s client-facing platform
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are enthusiastic to learn and teach statistical methods, machine learning techniques and advancements in the ad tech industry
- You are comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents
- You have an abundance of intellectual curiosity
- You are able to explain insights and provide actionable recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in advertising or publishing related industry a plus
- A background in experimental design and causal inference
- A MS or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- 5+ years of professional or academic experience in a data driven role working with massive data sets
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS and the ability to write efficient SQL
- Experience in multiple programming languages (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.
Want to learn more about The Trade Desk? Visit The Trade Desk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Beats - Cloud Engineer
Big Data Architect
Catapult Systems, Austin, TX
Manager, Decision Science - CPG
Ibotta, Denver, CO
First Look Media
Senior Director, Production, Topic (Temp)
First Look Media, New York, NY
Manager, Marketing & Communications Technology
Management Leadership For Tomorrow, Bethesda, MD