Senior Data Scientist, Identity and Cross-Device
The Trade Desk, New York, NY, Denver, CO, Boulder, CO
A clearer view of digital advertising
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You’ll be a member of our data science team with a focus on identity. Here at the Trade Desk, because all of our user information is anonymized and at a device level, we need the ability to link disparate anonymized identifiers back to an individual or household level for a myriad of reasons. In order to do that, we maintain a cross-device graph that allows us to create those links.
In this role, you will be a subject matter expert on every part of our identity offering, including our own first party cross-device solutions, how we match to third party vendors, and our unified graph, “identity alliance” which combines cross-device graphs from multiple partners. The identity graph is a foundational part of our platform, powering many of our measurement, targeting, and optimization capabilities. As a result, this person needs not just understand the graph itself, but, almost more importantly, all its downstream dependencies as well. Lastly you will be an expert in the processes and data that enable these solutions and provide input into the collection of new data sources. Your day-to-day will be spent interfacing between our Product Management, Data Partnerships, and Data Engineering teams to help lead the development and improvement of our identity solutions. In this role you may also serve as a technical lead, guiding projects and mentoring junior members of the team.
In addition to leading our identity efforts, you will also be a contributing member to the broader data science team, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Be an intellectually generous and collaborative team member
- Develop end-to-end machine learning prototypes that could scale to run in a production environment
- Maintain a focus on shipping product, understanding that oftentimes done is better than perfect
- Become an expert on TTD’s client-facing platform
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are enthusiastic to learn (and teach) new technologies, machine learning techniques, and advancements in the adtech industry
- You are comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents
- You have an abundance of intellectual curiosity
- You are able to deliver a convincing story derived from the data sets to both a technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in advertising or publishing related industry a plus
- PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, etc.) with 5+ years of professional or academic experience in a data driven role working with massive data sets. MS considered with relevant background
- Strong algorithm & data structure knowledge. A background in graph theory is a plus
- You have a solid understanding of statistical machine learning and optimization techniques as well as the ability to derive actionable insights from massive data sets
- You have experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS and are able to write efficient SQL
- You have experience in multiple programming languages (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.