The Trade Desk, Los Angeles, CA, Ventura, CA, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA
A clearer view of digital advertising
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
The Trade Desk is a dynamic and fast-growing company with a legal team that has tripled in size in the last year. We are looking for someone who loves to analyze complex legal issues, find creative solutions, and effectively negotiate deals. We want collaborators who will help structure deals with his/her business counterparts and, hopefully, contribute some humor to our legal slack channel. Please be able to balance competing demands, work independently, and maintain a positive attitude.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with product, engineering, and business teams to provide counseling and guidance on products, features, and initiatives across multiple jurisdictions;
- Contribute to product release preparation by identifying and driving resolution of issues related to intellectual property, privacy, data rights, data security, and other legal and regulatory issues while balancing business objectives;
- Understand the strategic initiatives, product roadmap and release cycles of product features and functions;
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, contractual requirements, privacy, regulations and industry standards;
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Sales/CS, Marketing, Data and Trust, Policy, Tax and Business Development;
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure satisfaction of business demands;
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- JD degree (or foreign equivalent) and bar admission in good standing in applicable state;
- 8+ years of legal experience from a law firm and in-house;
- Product review experience;
- Expertise in intellectual property, technology transactions, data security, privacy, contract, and commercial law matters in the context of a SAAS business;
- Familiarity with legal issues impacting digital advertising businesses including self-regulation guidelines, privacy issues and legislation, consumer protection, and regulatory regimes;
- Technology savvy and ability to learn The Trade Desk’s platform, technology, and business.
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.
Want to learn more about The Trade Desk? Visit The Trade Desk's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.