WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunities, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a coach and functional manager to our high performing team of Media Traders and senior strategic advisor to our clients. You will own function-specific training and excellence standards, develop best practices and processes within the function. The ideal candidate will own a portfolio rather than individual accounts and oversees a larger team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage a portfolio across all key strategic clients in Japan
- Mentor and coach a team of Media Trading Specialists and Senior Media Trading Specialists.
- As a team leader, you will motivate and encourage your team to develop their strengths and nurturing their individual growth.
- Identify and develop the next generation of leaders.
- Motivate and empower a team to drive consistent YoY account growth.
- Lead complex and difficult conversations with senior leadership internally and externally to identify gaps and opportunities.
- Advocates internally with senior cross-functional teams for clients’ product needs.
- Work with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to help define features and improvements to the platform.
- Effectively communicate with international teams regionally and globally on country-specific product improvements or needs.
- Understand and effectively communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships, as they relate to the growth of current client accounts
- You will work closely with the Account Management leaders to help build the Client Services practice, including developing training material, customer-facing assets, and internal resources for trading media through our platform.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 8 years of online ad operations experience and more than 3 years in a leadership capacity; 4+ years of client-facing experience.
- Experience in working with ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimization platforms
- Experienced in leading, mentoring, motivating and guiding a team and in giving constructive feedback.
- Proven experience in manipulation of large data sets to find insights and areas of optimization.
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Consistent track record of growing portfolio of accounts by effectively developing a team as well as understanding the client’s strategy and objectives. Experience navigating complex client accounts would be beneficial.
- Effective time management skills, proactive, agile, and open to feedback.
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
- Fluency in English and Japanese is required
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.