Senior Marketing Director, North Asia
The Trade Desk, Hong Kong
A clearer view of digital advertising
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Senior Director, North Asia Marketing will report to GM, APAC Marketing, and work closely with multiple market leads including Greater China (mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan), Korea and Japan on the planning and implementation of marketing activities.
This person will also partner with high-performing internal marketing, sales and client services teams. You’ll collaborate with local leadership to build integrated marketing campaigns that drive awareness and adoption of The Trade Desk and also support regional and global marketing campaigns.
In this role, you will help drive thought leadership, thrive to build strategy aligned to business objectives, ensure excellence in content creation, localisation and amplification of communications and event marketing.
This role will be pivotal to ensure we are able to position The Trade Desk correctly for the target audiences in each market.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop marketing and communication plans for each of the diverse markets in the North Asia region
- Maintain a close relationship with market-specific business teams to ensure campaigns target the suitable audience(s) and hit set campaign metrics
- Lead the marketing managers for Japan and Mainland China in planning, strategy and execution across events, PR/communications, digital and social media marketing, and product marketing initiatives
- Support local content curation and provide input in the management of North Asia media engagement
- Localise global marketing campaigns promoting The Trade Desk
- Identify measurements and goals as well as continuously track and evaluate significant metrics to optimize of marketing efforts
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 12+ years of B2B marketing experience or equivalent practical experience with managerial experience
- Creative, detailed and team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to prioritize work, set expectations, and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and produce consistent, quality work on time
- A positive attitude with a dedication to problem solving and and clear communication. This is a hands-on position involving regular collaboration with our senior leadership, the operational business teams, and at times our clients and external partners
- Proven ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and results
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is a required
- Fluency in any additional North Asia languages (Cantonese, Japanese and/or Korean) is a significant plus
- Experience in using Salesforce and Marketo is an added bonus
- Ability and desire to make a positive contribution to The Trade Desk company and culture
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.