Director, Technical Writing Team
The Trade Desk, New York, NY, United States
A clearer view of digital advertising
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
Who we are looking for:
The Director, Technical Writing Team is responsible for the strategy, scalability and organization of our platform and API documentation. This role will nurture the development of a team of tech writers who are passionate about writing, serious about their careers in technical documentation, and have strong opinions on the Oxford comma.
As our company grows globally, we need someone who can think strategically about the future of our knowledge-sharing databases across our audiences, including supervising the management of content translations/localization.
What you will be doing:
- Articulating the vision for our documentation across the company and executing the plans to make that vision a reality
- Ensuring our documentation is meeting the needs of our platform users, optimizing content and structure for this audience (using feedback to inform our strategy and content development)
- Advocating for the technical writing team and the content in the Knowledge Portal
- Facilitating partnerships across Marketing to enhance our written content with high-quality multimedia work, when needed
- Managing the relationship with the software company we use to house our documentation, ensuring their roadmap supports our needs
- Prioritizing tasks and leading our technical writing efforts
- Developing and investing in the career paths of the technical writing team
- As needed, collaborating directly with product managers, product marketers, and engineers to lend a hand with documentation
- Refining documentation processes (including translation) and developing KPIs to quantify success
What you bring to the table:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong record of building cross-functional relationships
- Experience addressing complex issues and structuring content accordingly
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while consistently meeting deadlines
- A hands-on approach, committed to exceptional output
- Willingness to travel, as needed, and working across multiple time zones
- 10+ years of experience in technical writing, including team leadership and management
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.
Want to learn more about The Trade Desk? Visit The Trade Desk's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, Sportsbook
DraftKings, Boston, MA