WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a strong business leader to help lead our fast-growing business in China as it scales. You will be responsible for driving our business strategy and growth in China, without compromising on innovation or our Company culture. This person will also have the proven ability to inspire and empower their teams to stretch themselves to achieve ever greater goals and to collaborate closely both locally and globally. You will also mentor and lead our business teams to build consultative business relationships and ensure long-term client success.
The person is a strategic business leader – with a strong ability to identify and execute on growth opportunities, to shape and influence how the market thinks about our industry and company and can foster the most senior, strategic relationships in China. This person will be motivated by a desire to make advertising work better for brands, publishers and consumers in the China market.
They must have a high aptitude for and comfort level with working in complex business and technology environments along with a strong leadership and business acumen.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Lead TTD’s growth strategy and business operation in China
- Be a thought leader on programmatic advertising and the primary voice representing our brand, company and team in China
- Overall responsibility for the P&L in China
- Lead the most important executive client and partner relationships in China
- Be a strong TTD culture champion and advocate across the business
- Act as the primary contact point for TTD’s Global client and partners relationships in China
- Represent the country on product development needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators for the China markets
- Identify, develop and lead the strongest, most collaborative leadership team in China
- Become an expert on the use of and best practices on The Trade Desk platform, and offer insights to clients
- Build and nurture deep and lasting connections internally across TTD departments and specialty functions
- Responsible for institutionalizing TTD’s operating model in China
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Demonstrated track record of success leading a fast-growing digital advertising business in the region for at least 10 years
- Strong evidence of success in being an inspiring, empowering, strategic leader for a cross-functional team over a sustained period of time
- Great communicator and conduit between global and local teams
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced technology environment
- Strategic, data-driven leader who will be a great collaborator at the executive level while also being comfortable doing the day-to-day enabling of their teams and tackling the work required to scale the business
- Strong technical aptitude and desire to learn the Company’s product set
- Self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and are looking for the right company to support your growth
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
About The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk powers the most sophisticated buyers in advertising technology. Founded by the pioneers of real-time bidding, The Trade Desk has become the fastest growing demand-side platform in the industry by offering agencies, aggregators, and their advertisers best-in-class technology to manage display, mobile, and video advertising campaigns. The Trade Desk empowers buyers at the campaign level with the most expressive bid capabilities in market, full-funnel attribution, and detailed reporting that illustrates the consumer journey from initial impression to conversion. By maintaining a pure buy-side focus, The Trade Desk delivers on branding and performance for clients worldwide. OUR CLIENTS Our clients run the gamut from ad networks offering new services in RTB, data owners looking to leverage their information, agency trading desks, to the most sophisticated buyers in RTB. How did we, and do we, continue to gather our clients? By offering a full breadth of resources and support, shipping new product features each week, and, among other core innovations, building bidding tools that target a consumer one minute after they visit a website. We’re proud to be setting the stage for the future of online advertising.