- Create content such as papers, presentations, and other collateral to support Voleon’s efforts to deliver our insights to the broader investment community
- Perform your own analyses to answer and anticipate questions from existing and prospective clients that will supplement our research work. These analyses may include portfolio and risk analytics, market commentary, or other research that both help clients and match your areas of expertise
- Maintain ongoing connection with a research team that has collectively published hundreds of academic articles in top-tier venues on machine learning, systems, and theory
- Synthesize investor expectations, preferences, and aversions to inform improvements and evolution to our strategies
- Lead efforts to demonstrate the rigor of our technical work, such as speaking at conferences and publishing papers
- Meet with existing and prospective investors and serve as a technical expert, providing updates and educating clients on our machine learning approach
- 5+ years of experience in the quantitative investment industry
- Track record of producing and presenting technical content to various audiences
- Experience working with financial concepts and/or quantitative investment strategies including portfolio construction and risk management
- Eagerness to work with diverse teams
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or related applied experience
- Track record of persuading institutional investors to make significant monetary or resource commitments
- Experience with modern statistical methods/machine learning
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field and/or academic publishing record
About The Voleon Group
Co-founded in 2007 by two leading scientists, The Voleon Group combines an academic approach to research with an emphasis on scalability and risk management to deliver cutting-edge technology at the forefront of the finance industry. Many of our leaders and employees hold doctorates in statistics, computer science, and mathematics, among other quantitative disciplines. We are committed to exemplary performance in all aspects of our research and operations, while maintaining a culture of intellectual curiosity and flexibility. Voleon’s CEO holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford and previously founded and led a successful technology startup. Our Chief Investment Officer/Director of Research is a Statistics faculty member at UC Berkeley, where he earned his Ph.D.
Want to learn more about The Voleon Group? Visit The Voleon Group's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.