- Lead and collaborate in diverse and engaging software work, which includes areas such as trading infrastructure, computing and data processing, flexible pipelines for model development, and more
- Proactively lead complex projects from start to finish, which includes gathering project requirements, translating them into a rational software design, reasoning effectively about supporting or dependent technologies, and communicating effectively with teammates
- Design and implement fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Build large-scale data infrastructure, stream processing systems, and/or latency-sensitive programs
- Act as a technical leader for both research and engineering staff
- Experience developing in a Linux environment with a focus on performance, concurrency, and correctness using programming languages such as Python, Go, R, and/or C/C++
- Work in performance optimization, multi-threading, and server development
- Architect and design work in highly available systems and large-scale data management infrastructure
- Work in a large codebase and experience building modular, manageable code
- Eagerness to work in diverse teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
About The Voleon Group
Co-founded in 2007 by two leading scientists, The Voleon Group combines an academic approach to research with an emphasis on scalability and risk management to deliver cutting-edge technology at the forefront of the finance industry. Many of our leaders and employees hold doctorates in statistics, computer science, and mathematics, among other quantitative disciplines. We are committed to exemplary performance in all aspects of our research and operations, while maintaining a culture of intellectual curiosity and flexibility. Voleon’s CEO holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford and previously founded and led a successful technology startup. Our Chief Investment Officer/Director of Research is a Statistics faculty member at UC Berkeley, where he earned his Ph.D.
Want to learn more about The Voleon Group? Visit The Voleon Group's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.