- Monitor production systems, triage and resolve failures, including our proprietary data pipeline, as well as infrastructure and deployment processes
- Write/review code and debug challenging problems
- Together with our data and engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be the first responder ensuring the continuous operation of production-critical systems
- Improve reliability and maintainability of software applications and pipelines
- Improve availability and stability of shared production infrastructure
- Maintain and support open-source and proprietary services and tools
- Gather and analyze metrics to help identify inefficiencies and guide architecture and development work
- Occasional travel to our Berkeley office may be required
- Fluency in the software development process. Software development experience in a professional environment is a plus.
- Experience with hands-on coding and debugging (Python experience is preferred but not required)
- Experience with Linux
- Familiarity with Relational Databases & SQL
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills and a persistent drive for making things work (better)
- Strong growth mindset and a passion for learning
- An undergraduate degree or comparable training in a quantitative field, or equivalent, relevant industry experience
- Experience supporting production systems
- Experience with Pandas and other tabular data tools
- System administration experience, as well as familiarity with RDBMS, storage technologies, or cluster computing
- A degree in Computer Science
About The Voleon Group
Co-founded in 2007 by two leading scientists, The Voleon Group combines an academic approach to research with an emphasis on scalability and risk management to deliver cutting-edge technology at the forefront of the finance industry. Many of our leaders and employees hold doctorates in statistics, computer science, and mathematics, among other quantitative disciplines. We are committed to exemplary performance in all aspects of our research and operations, while maintaining a culture of intellectual curiosity and flexibility. Voleon’s CEO holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford and previously founded and led a successful technology startup. Our Chief Investment Officer/Director of Research is a Statistics faculty member at UC Berkeley, where he earned his Ph.D.
Want to learn more about The Voleon Group? Visit The Voleon Group's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.