ThirdLove is looking for a Data Engineer to provide technical leadership and hands-on development of our data driven projects. This role will lead the charge for selecting and implementing the right technologies and infrastructure for data warehousing, analytic reporting, recommendation engines, and analytics engines based on business requirements and best practices.
- Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders, evaluating existing systems, and analyzing department applications & operations
- Recommend, document and implement database systems, data architecture, schema design, security, backup, and disaster recovery
- Master of ETL/ELT
- Relational Data modeling including de-normalized dimensional modeling (Star and Snowflake schema design)
- Work closely with engineers to design and maintain scalable data models
- Develop, document, and maintain enterprise ETL processes
- Be the expert on end-to-end data flow for the enterprise
- Develop an enterprise reporting and data warehouse solution to track business metrics
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Work with the tech team to establish data standards, ensure standard adherence, and maintain data quality
- Collaborate with business and product stakeholders to develop clear business objectives, KPIs, and measurements
- Programming/Scripting of tools for task automation
- 4+ years experience in data warehousing and business intelligence
- Expertise in ETL (eg, SSIS, Ansible, Informatica, SAP, OWB or Scripts)
- Prior experience working with data processing platform
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases
- Experience with configuring and deploying databases on AWS
- Experience with creating frameworks to extract data via APIs
- Expertise with various database platforms (SQL, NoSql, On-Prem, Cloud)
- Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries
- Experience with non-structured data (eg, free form, json, xml, images, audio, video)
- Experience with data visualization, data mining, and preferably statistical tools
- Good understanding of the Big Data technology trends
- A master of all trades mentality and an ability to embrace new challenges regularly
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
We’re a growing team of designers, operations experts, mobile and web engineers, and marketers in San Francisco’s Design District. Through our combined expertise and passion, we strive every day to deliver elegant design and brilliant solutions to difficult-to-solve problems.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and dynamic, with a passionate dedication to creating beautiful products and great user experiences. We are funded by a long list of tier 1 VCs, celebrity angels, and strategic investors.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with ThirdLove may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is a fast-growing intimates brand. Our mission is to help every woman find her perfect fit by combining the best design and technology.