Are organizational structures, human interactions, and people processes some of your passions? If so, look no further as ThirdLove is looking for a Director of People Operations. As the Director of People Operations, you will be a valued member of the executive team, reporting to the Founders and lead our people operations, recruiting, and office management teams. The ideal executive will be a dynamic hands-on leader with deep business acumen, analytical abilities, strategic insight, sound judgment, and in-depth executive experience in human resources and business. The Director of People Operations will spearhead all initiatives related to key human resources and talent. This is an opportunity for a nimble and adaptive leader to balance a strategic focus with a “roll up the sleeves” mindset to both impact and shape a growing and successful business that is growing from a team of 200 to 400+ by the end of this year.
This is an exciting opportunity to bolster the foundation, processes, and systems that will fulfill and empower all of those at this company as we continue to grow rapidly. We’re looking for a positive and thoughtful self-starter that can take initiative and adapt to evolving circumstances.
- Develop our people strategies and programs including, performance management, talent acquisition & onboarding, compensation & benefits, retention, headcount planning and analytics, organizational design, policies and compliance, employee engagement, trainings and cultural initiatives
- Lead and inspire our growing 10+ team members across people operations, recruiting/talent and office management
- Establish and implement leading HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale from a team of 200 to 400+ in multiple locations over the next year.
- Partner with executives and managers to develop a culture of learning and continuous feedback by creating programs, tools, and experiences that engage our team at all levels and inspire a positive, adaptive, and accountable culture
- Utilize people-related data to aid in strategic decision making; develop key metrics to measure employee engagement, performance and retention
- Serve as a senior advisor and confidant to the founders and the executive team on all people related matters to ensure the company has the talent, processes/systems, and policies necessary to support our strategic and financial goals
- Develop a recruitment strategy and lead our recruiting team to ensure we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined onboarding process
- Responsible for overseeing our facilities and office staff, to ensure that our office can scale with the needs of the company.
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues
- Establish new ThirdLove initiatives that help drive our culture by creating programs, tools, and experiences that engage our team at all levels and inspire a positive, adaptive, and accountable culture
- 8+ years experience in a People Operations / HR role, with recent experience expanding and managing People Operations at a high-growth start-up
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or related certifications a plus
- Experience supporting both salary and hourly workforces, creating relevant and meaningful employee programs, reviews and feedback loops
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce -- all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- Expert understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training
- Ability to master complex business problems and the intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change. Always curious and always learning
- Positive attitude, responsible approach and a self-starter that’s not afraid to dive in
- A proven strategic and innovative bent with an equally strong operational focus
- Well-developed leadership, communications, team building and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- A strong reputation for building, developing and leading a respected and business-oriented HR team
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k plan
- Subsidized lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Quarterly product allotment - a package of the world's best bras every 3 months!
- Wellness benefits including in-office massage visits
ThirdLove® is empowering women to feel comfortable and confident in their everyday lives. We make bras that fit perfectly, feel incredible, and look stellar.
We’re a rapidly growing team (over 200 today and doubling in size this year) based in San Francisco with offices in Chico, CA and Argentina. We’re funded by Tier 1 investors and are disrupting a $100 billion global market. We’re one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the country, and known as ‘the brand to catch Victoria’s Secret’.
Our culture is collaborative, fast-paced, and data-driven with a strong focus on designing beautiful products and creating a seamless user experience. Instead of using standard industry molds, we developed proprietary half-cup sizes based on real women’s measurements and created a Fit Finder® Quiz that removes the hassle in finding the best size. To date, over 9 million women have taken our easy-to-use Fit Finder® Quiz.
Five core values drive all of the work we do:
- Put customers first. Do things that make our customers happy.
- Adaptive. Defy standard conventions. Be nimble and embrace change.
- Curious. Strive to always learn and grow.
- Engaged. Be Present. Lift others up. Be your best self.
- Responsible. Gain others’ trust by being respectful, reliable, and accountable.
If you want to impact millions of people each and every day, and you share these values, we’d love to connect.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is a fast-growing intimates brand. Our mission is to help every woman find her perfect fit by combining the best design and technology.