Are organizational structures, human interactions, and people processes some of your passions? If so, ThirdLove is looking for a Director of People Operations to further cultivate and deepen the values (positive, responsible, adaptive, curious, customer first) and culture of our company. The ideal executive will be a dynamic hands-on leader with deep business acumen, analytical abilities, strategic insight, sound judgment, and in-depth executive experience in human resources and business. The Director of People Operations will spearhead all initiatives related to key human resources and talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to bolster the foundation, processes, and systems that will fulfill and empower all of those at this company as we continue to grow rapidly. We’re looking for a positive and thoughtful self-starter that can take initiative and adapt to evolving circumstances. The role will report directly to the founders and lead our people operations, recruiting, and office management teams.
- Build out our people strategy including: performance management, talent acquisition, employee engagement, compensation, benefits, retention, employee and manager training, employee handbook, and culture initiatives
- Establish and implement HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale well over 100 employees across multiple locations. The function should be viewed by all to be strategic, pragmatic, effective, and vital to the company’s success
- Lead and grow our people operations, recruiting, and office management teams
- Partner with executives and managers to develop a culture of learning and continuous feedback by creating programs, tools, and experiences that engage our team at all levels and inspire a positive, adaptive, and accountable culture
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, and engagement
- Serve as a senior advisor and confidant to the founders and the executive team on all people related matters to ensure the company has the talent, processes/systems, and policies necessary to support our strategic and financial goals
- Establish scalable solutions empowering our leaders to be better managers and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for management roles
- Partner with Talent team to ensure we are attracting top talent and have a streamlined onboarding process with a goal of ThirdLove becoming a true destination employer
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues
- Ensure that the CEO and management team have the “pulse of the company” in order to make proactive and effective organization decisions
- 8+ years experience in a People Operations / HR role, with recent experience expanding and managing People Operations at a high-growth start-up
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or related certifications a plus
- Experience supporting both salary and hourly workforces, creating relevant and meaningful employee programs, reviews and feedback loops
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce -- all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- Expert understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and training
- Ability to master complex business problems and the intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change. Always curious and always learning
- Positive attitude, responsible approach, and a self-starter that’s not afraid to dive in
- A proven strategic and innovative bent with an equally strong operational focus
- Well-developed leadership, communications, team building, and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- A strong reputation for building, developing, and leading a respected and business-oriented HR team
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k plan
- Subsidized lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Quarterly product allotment - a package of the world's best bras every 3 months!
- Wellness benefits including in-office massage visits
ThirdLove is a fast-growing intimates brand designing bras with real women in mind. Instead of using standard industry measurements, we developed proprietary half-cup sizes based on thousands of real women’s measurements. For us, it's not just about the bra — it's about how you feel in it.
We’re a growing team of designers, operations experts, mobile and web engineers, and marketers in San Francisco’s Design District. Through our combined expertise and passion, we strive every day to deliver elegant design and brilliant solutions to difficult-to-solve problems.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and dynamic, with a passionate dedication to creating beautiful products and great user experiences. We are funded by a long list of tier 1 VCs, celebrity angels, and strategic investors. Just a few ThirdLove perks include lunches, fun team outings, a fully stocked organic kitchen, health care, equity and, to top it all off, in-office chiropractic!
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with ThirdLove may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ThirdLove is a fast-growing intimates brand. Our mission is to help every woman find her perfect fit by combining the best design and technology.