Full Stack Engineer (Front End focus)
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Fast-growing intimates brand
As a Full Stack Engineer focused on Front End development, you will be responsible for helping to scale a fast growing multi-channel brand and technology platform across web and mobile web. Your mission is to create purposeful, on-brand eCommerce experiences which drive new customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. You are a humble self-starter who will get the job done right the first time, or who will set yourself and your team up for future success. You’re constantly asking how you can make something better and are passionate about using data for testing and learning. You’re a creative thinker who enjoys obsessing over customer experiences, pixel perfection, and end-users who smile.
ThirdLove has a very unique stack. We are hosted on the Shopify platform, but maintain several projects outside of the Shopify ecosystem to augment our customer experience and sales funnels. As a Full Stack Engineer you will be hooking up Back End development to the Front End experience. You will create new landing pages, iterate and implement designs, and build on business critical customer flows. We are currently working in two-week sprints with daily check-ins, using Trello to schedule our tasks and promote discussion on decisions made at the beginning of the sprint.
- Design and code new features
- Testing, bug fixing, technical debt fixing
- Suggest new features or technical improvements that could be implemented in the system
- Peer code review
- Software development using agile methodologies
- Participate in engineering training meetings and tech talks
- 3-4 years of experience with NodeJS + Express
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Strong knowledge in design patterns
- Experience with software engineering best practices
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Open Source projects
- Experience with high availability and auto-scalable projects
- Experience with continuous integrations and continuous deployment
- Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you own your part of the product
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k plan
- Subsidized lunches
- Quarterly product allotment
- Wellness benefits including in-office massage and chiropractor visits
ThirdLove is a fast-growing intimates brand designing bras with real women in mind. Instead of using standard industry measurements, we developed proprietary half-cup sizes based on thousands of real women’s measurements. For us, it's not just about the bra — it's about how you feel in it.
We’re a growing team of designers, operations experts, mobile and web engineers, and marketers in San Francisco’s Design District. Through our combined expertise and passion, we strive every day to deliver elegant design and brilliant solutions to difficult-to-solve problems.
Our culture is entrepreneurial and dynamic, with a passionate dedication to creating beautiful products and great user experiences. We are funded by a long list of tier 1 VCs, celebrity angels, and strategic investors. Just a few ThirdLove perks include lunches, fun team outings, a fully stocked organic kitchen, health care, equity and, to top it all off, in-office chiropractic!
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with ThirdLove may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
ThirdLove is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.