Director of Strategic Finance
Thirty Madison, New York, NY
Thirty Madison is a human-first healthcare company
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison. We have exciting plans to change the future of healthcare, and these plans require analysis, evaluation and planning. This candidate will lead strategic financial analysis and the execution of strategic projects for the finance team.
The ideal person will be hyper-analytical, balancing big picture thinking with a keen attention to detail, and possess an ability to break down complex information and communicate business insights in a clear and compelling manner. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, empathetic, and proactive, who will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity to help drive impact across a broad set of strategic initiatives and solve complex business problems for a company that is transforming the healthcare industry.
This role reports to our Head of Finance.
What you'll do:
- Develop sophisticated financial models and use data to support strategic decision-making and problem-solving
- Run ad hoc analyses on our existing businesses to explain business trends, find opportunities for revenue and margin expansion, and provide recommendations to improve the business
- Drive business case development for new initiatives, including new business launches
- Deliver compelling presentations and reporting packages for a broad range of audiences (executives, business unit leaders, investors, board)
- Contribute to highly strategic fundraising and corporate development activities
- Support the finance team as needed and be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
You're the right person if you have:
- Strong analytical, strategic, and financial modeling skills, with an ability to deliver clear, meaningful insights and inform decision-making
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present complex concepts and analyses in a compelling manner to colleagues at all levels of the organization
- A curiosity and willingness to work on new and different projects every day. You are excited to solve problems that start with a blank sheet of paper and have left others stumped
- Data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Advanced Excel user with the ability to manage/format large files, produce ad hoc reports/templates, troubleshoot errors, and perform data analysis
- A “no task is too small” attitude
- The temperament to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting preferred, or a strategic finance role in a high growth environment is a plus
- Experience with M&A deals is a plus
- Healthcare industry experience and/or subscription business model experience is a plus
How are we managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to mandatory work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
We have rolled out a bunch of initiatives to create a productive remote work environment while balancing life, and we continue to evaluate and add new programs thanks to the guidance of our Future of the Office committee.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Thirty Madison
The human-first health company bringing specialized care and treatment to everyone. We believe affordable specialized care and treatment should be available to everyone. But millions of people still lack the access and support they need to successfully manage their chronic conditions. We’re here to change that.
Want to learn more about Thirty Madison? Visit Thirty Madison's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos