As an Infrastructure Architect SME, you will help create a vision for the delivery infrastructure and a roadmap to implement our client's vision. You’ll be pushing industries forward through technology at global scale. As a servant leader, you’ll foster an environment that empowers teams and will pursue the development of your team members, setting everyone up to deliver their best work.
As an Infrastructure Architect here's what we'll be looking for you to bring:
- In depth knowledge of Cloud strategy (public, private, hybrid)
- Experience with Cloud Native Architecture principles and specific tooling and approaches to support secure, resilient, and scalable architectures
- Experience with PaaS architecture, including commercial offerings and the components necessary to implement containerized workloads
- Knowledge of IaaS/IaC strategies for private and public Cloud scenarios
- Familiarity with TDD and Continuous Integration of infrastructure code
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery (idea to production) practices and tooling, including
- Semantic monitoring and Production testing strategies
- Load and performance testing
- Ephemeral environment orchestration
- Operational experience with observability practices and tooling such as monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Familiarity with infrastructure components such as networking (including sdn), firewalls, dns, and storage
- Awareness of Identity and authorization architecture and tools
- Awareness of Release Management practices
- You are able to formulate, champion and drive the vision for major technology-led initiatives that are truly transformational for businesses operating in large and complex environments.
- You understand technology is at the core of every business and realize its transformative power to break through traditional enterprise model.
- You have a passion for custom software development and understand how to foster an environment that enable cross-functional teams to do their best work.
- Experienced in leading, managing and inspiring large and multiple teams.
- You fully understand the business context and challenges that organizations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant infrastructure solutions that truly transform industries.
- Engineering craftsmanship. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep on top of the latest tools and techniques, and you still bring a deep understanding of software delivery to the table.
- Proven experience in “Agility”, including Kanban and Scrum
- Leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Infrastructure Architect. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Advise on strategic architecture decisions, such as tools or what services to introduce or organizational structure recommendations
- Show teams how to develop and execute a strategic platform roadmap, providing the developer-customers with the tools that reduce friction
- Build delivery infrastructure roadmaps
- Provide sample code for execution teams or delivery teams to help them understand how to interact with the platform
- Provide opinions on request for building delivery infrastructure-related artifacts.
- You might spend a few weeks with a new client on a deep technical review or a complete organizational review, helping them to understand the potential that technology has to solve their most pressing problems.
- On other clients, you might be acting as the architect, leading the design of technical solutions, or perhaps overseeing a program inception to build a new capability.
- It could be much more about getting embedded into a major delivery project where you won’t shy away from getting down into the details with the team, but will always bring a broader context of the problem-space to bear.
- Whatever your role, the team always look to draw on your experience of Operations and Infrastructure when things get tough and you handle the difficult client conversations allowing the team to continue building software without undue pressure.
- You recognize that building your network with a client is absolutely key to enable you to perform in your role. You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on coding experience and knowledge of latest tech and industry trends to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
Regardless of what you do at ThoughtWorks, you’ll always have the opportunity to
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Learn something new everyday.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Travel the world.
- Speak at conferences.
- Write blogs and books.
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Be part of a company with Social and Economic Justice at the heart of its mission.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit https://www.thoughtworks.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Staff Software Engineer-Commerce Platform
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Engineer, China Infrastructure (SF)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Director of Sound Design
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Senior Software Engineer
Codecademy, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
Netflix, Los Gatos, California