At ThoughtWorks our dedication to the art of software delivery has long meant driving deeper collaboration between different parts of an organisation. We literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery, which recognizes the deeper role of infrastructure and operations as an integral part of the delivery process, and have been an active part of the DevOps community since the beginning.
As an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for bringing and spreading the knowledge, ideas, and hands-on implementation skills needed to deliver and run software services.
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We're a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems using a philosophy based on lightweight design, Agile, and open-source.
We help our customers to adopt DevOps approaches, break out of rigid, traditional ways of working and move to more customer-focused and agile approach. We currently have multiple positions for experts in infrastructure as code and DevOps to join us.
As an Infrastructure Developer / DevOps consultant at ThoughtWorks you are responsible for ensuring that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements, and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services. This involves hands-on involvement in building deployment and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together so communication is essential to ensure stuff is not missed. You will be depended upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of an Infrastructure Developer at ThoughtWorks. In addition to technical skills, at ThoughtWorks we also need excellent coaches so your patience and a desire to take others along with you is absolutely key. If this sounds appealing then we want to talk to you!
In an Infrastructure Developer role at ThoughtWorks, here's what you'll bring:
- Collaborative, team focus
- As we a consulting business, naturally we seek excellent communication skills
- Extensive experience working with server virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
- Scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Golang, etc.)
- Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Operations team experience
In an Infrastructure developer role at ThoughtWorks you'll get to:
- Think through hard problems in a consultancy environment, and work with amazing people to make the solutions a reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience
- Develop your career outside the confines of a traditional career path
- Build bespoke software using the latest technologies and tools
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you'll be flexible about travel.
To apply please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. Our recruiters will be in touch.
This role is based in Istanbul, Turkey. We expect you to be able to work in Turkey, by being either a Turkish citizen or possessing a work permit.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit https://www.thoughtworks.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Algorithm Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Staff Software Engineer-Commerce Platform
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Entwicklerin (m/w)
Senior Software Engineer (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Web
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA