ThoughtWorks is not your average company, so don’t expect to find average people working here. We are a global consultancy that builds custom applications for a diverse range of clients from media through banking to NGOs. We've traditionally been known for our expertise in software development, and we are constantly evolving the ‘next big thing’ in the tech industry.
ThoughtWorks is looking to hire an Accounting and Finance Specialist to our Finance Hub team - the role is a key finance position with an opportunity to build and provide critical support to the finance and leadership teams across multiple regions. If you have an eye for the analytical, a desire to learn and grow and a desire to work with a team of bright, driven finance professionals, then read on.
In ThoughtWorks there is no big company politics, we are collaborators, which means you’ll require quick thinking skills as well as the ability to view the bigger picture while at the same time being prepared to scale down into the details.
- We can’t see how you’d do this without an accounting degree.
- Must also have a CPA or Chartered Accountant certification.
- Strong knowledge of accounting transactions typical for a globally distributed company and handle with dual accounting (USGAAP and BRGAAP). In additional, financial knowledge is a plus.
- Experience using PeopleSoft financials and Financial Force is highly desirable, but not required.
- Super Microsoft Excel user is desirable. Access database skills is a plus.
- Very good English and Portuguese communication skills. Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and strong team work spirit.
- Capable of receiving direct feedback from team members and willing to share experiences and ideas with your colleagues.
- Open to learning and trying new approaches and options in order to improve yourself and your team’s performance.
- The following words will describe you: Proactive, problem solver, entrepreneur, detail oriented with excellent analytical skills. You’re the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with.
- You’re going to be responsible for managing the Intercompany transactions in our ERP.
- Additionally, you'll control the intercompany balances, helping to reconcile it with the countries local books.
- You will also manage the international cash transfers and respective forex impacts.
- You are going to be the focal point for communication with Global accounting teams.
- You’re going to be accountable for month variances analysis.
- You’re going to be responsible to ensure we have the right internal controls, review and implement adjustments when needed, and also propose new ones.
- Assist in month end closing and reconciliations
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Responsible to prepare and maintain all invoices and intercompany documentation in order to support those transactions accordingly to local legislation of each country
- Assist with managing and reconciliations of local statutory books and PeopleSoft statutory books
- Support global tax manager in preparing the annual tax packages
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit https://www.thoughtworks.com/
Jobs You May Like
Slack, San Francisco
Senior Business Systems Analyst (NetSuite)
HotelTonight, San Francisco, CA
Product and Privacy Counsel
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Senior Finance and Business Operations Manager
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Corporate Accounting Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Oscar, New York