ThoughtWorks' vision is quite simple. To better humanity through software, and help create a more socially and economically just world. We are dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems to help them solve their toughest business problems.
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our clients
- Build out a new capability within ThoughtWorks - perhaps for Mobile, Big Data or DevOps
- Explore ways to improve our business relevance for customers
- Speak at conferences, get published
- Influence and shape our client portfolio
- You have significant experience (15+ years) and a thorough understanding of different architectures, tools & languages
- You can guide consulting clients through today's significant technical challenges
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-sales
- You are capable of coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
- You act as an advisor to C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- You love coding. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on
- as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from
- getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies
- You have a rich breadth of experience and are equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modelling as you are advocating for TDD
- You have experience with languages such as Core Java, Java EE, C#, Ruby on Rails,Android, iOS, Python, Scala or Clojure.
- You really understand the business context of the challenges that organisations face and
- distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success
- That Continuous Development is a tool of business, not just IT teams
- That lean start-up techniques bring flexibility to the development process
- That new challenges are coming in the space of disruptive technology such as hardware, social and privacy issues and data
There's no typical day or engagement for our Principal Consultants. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on delivery project for 12 months. It's varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our teams work on a huge variety of projects; you could be helping a retail giant rethink their technology strategy one day and working on an app that reunites families in case of emergencies the .We work sometime on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you'll be flexible about travel, We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people's personal situations into account.
We employ an autonomous, self-management work culture, with very little hierarchy. This approach encourages people to take ownership and accountability, and to be curious. It requires a "trust first" attitude, which supports a creative mindset and promotes innovation through disruptive thinking.
If you want to get more information or apply, use the links and we will be in touch soon.
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit https://www.thoughtworks.com/
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Schoology, Austin, TX
Senior UI/UX Engineer - Delivery Experience
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer - Core Android
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Staff Software Engineer - Search
Reddit, San Francisco