We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The people in ThoughtWorks Singapore are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with the people who wrote the tools they would like to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
Examples of some of our current/recent projects:
- High-priority national Smart Nation projects with the Singapore Government developed in native/hybrid Android and iOS & other web technologies
- Working with Micro-frontends and Event Driven Architecture with our banking clients (GraphQL, Kafka, Kotlin, ReactJS etc.)
- Replatforming existing systems to a microservices approach and building custom applications, while consulting our clients on their vision and product strategy.
As a Polyglot Developer at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our clients
- Build out a new capability within ThoughtWorks - perhaps for Mobile, Big Data or DevOps
- Explore ways to improve our business relevance for customers
- Speak at conferences, get published
- Influence and shape our client portfolio
- You have 15+ years of experience and a thorough understanding of different architectures, tools & languages
- You can guide consulting clients through today's significant technical challenges
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-sales
- You are capable of coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
- You act as an advisor to C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- You love coding. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies
- You have a rich breadth of experience and are equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modelling as you are advocating for TDD
- You have experience with languages such as Core Java, Java EE, C#, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Android, iOS, Python, Scala or Clojure.
- You really understand the business context of the challenges that organisations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).
A community of passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change.
Want to learn more about ThoughtWorks? Visit ThoughtWorks's website.
Jobs You May Like
Infrastructure Engineering Manager
Dropbox, Mountain View, CA
Senior Front-End Engineer - San Francisco / San Jose
TrueAccord, San Francisco, CA
Senior Project Manager
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
Graduate Software Developer
Senior Solutions Engineer (SF)
TripleLift, San Francisco